Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Selection Show

Featured Replies

Yeah. My bias against a fan base that will cry about a tournament draw literally every year. Regardless of seed, opponents, location, etc.

 

UK could get a bye to the Final Four and someone will complain about who they might have to play when they get there.

 

Outside of the Texas A&M seeding (this is the SEC's fault, not UK's), UK earned the seed they got. Should they have been a "different" 4 seed? Maybe... But avoid those terrible losses and you avoid that happening to your team. It's really not that difficult to understand.

 

I'm sure if you got on another message board saturated with fans of a team there would be nothing but objective and astute observations over tea and milk.

 

"This tournament sure will be a competitive endeavor this year."

 

"Quite. Indeed."

 

"Best of luck to our favored team's competitors. And may all the other gladiators enter the arena with pep and spirit!"

 

"Hear, hear!"

  • Replies 265
  • Views 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure if you got on another message board saturated with fans of a team there would be nothing but objective and astute observations over tea and milk.

 

"This tournament sure will be a competitive endeavor this year."

 

"Quite. Indeed."

 

"Best of luck to our favored team's competitors. And may all the other gladiators enter the arena with pep and spirit!"

 

"Hear, hear!"

 

Not sure I said this was the only place that happens. I have complained about my teams placement too. Just not EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

 

The overall idea that so many have that everyone is out to get UK is just juvenile. If even a shred of judgement was used, a lot of that could be avoided.

I'm curious about the absence of @Bench since Indiana's loss to Michigan. I would love to hear his thoughts and breakdown of a possible UK/IU matchup.

And that same team wins that league almost every single year. Even this year, in which fans admit the team is not up to normal standards, finished a fairly easy second and won the league tournament.

 

It's not a good basketball league and any attempt to translate Kentucky's success into a compliment for the league as a whole is just silly.

 

Fair enough.

 

Take UK out and they are still 9-5 in the last two years in the tourney which is respectable, IMO. I just don't think they're as bad as everyone says.

I knew the show would be two hours, but once I figured out that they were only going to reveal 1 regions every half hour, I turned it off and went outside. Figured I could just see the whole bracket at once as I was not going to sit through two hours of the talking heads just to see where UK was going. Didn't realize that there had been a leak on twitter until after the whole bracket would have been announced on CBS anyhow. They are stupid if they don't immediately go back to a 1 hour show next year.

The NCAA committee over the years has seemed to say that with very few exceptions how you do in your conference tourney is not much of a factor.

The NCAA committee over the years has seemed to say that with very few exceptions how you do in your conference tourney is not much of a factor.

 

Then how do they explain IU as a 5 seed?

 

BIG Champion of the regular season. Won the conference over Michigan State, Maryland, Purdue???

Then how do they explain IU as a 5 seed? BIG Champion of the regular season. Won the conference over Michigan State' date=' Maryland, Purdue???[/quote']

 

Either UK or IU had to be a 5 seed so they could have the 2nd round matchup they wanted. I think it's as simple as that.

Field needs to go to 96.

 

I can't wait to hear the rationale behind this....

Field needs to go to 96.

 

No way

I can't wait to hear the rationale behind this....

 

1. Regular Season Champs are AQ

2. Conference Tournament Champs are AQ

(so yes each conference could have 2 AQ reps)

3. First round losers, make up the NIT tournament.

No way

 

Are you saying you wouldnt watch if there were more games?

Completely off topic but we now have Like, Dislike and a happy face button now!!!

Are you saying you wouldnt watch if there were more games?

 

 

Yes I am. I would have no interest in a 1/24 matchup or first round games between seeds 16-24

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.