March 14, 201610 yr They were an 8 seed. Never will complain when they are an 8 seed. I should have clarified. That bracket was bad for all involved. Not just UK as the 8. If you're the 8 you can't complain.
March 14, 201610 yr The SEC is a horrible basketball conference. Stop whining. Yeah. They seem to regularly have a team in the final 4.
March 14, 201610 yr 2015. Couldn't complain about 2014 either. Couldn't complain about 2014? First of all UK probably shouldn't have been seeded an 8 seed. Them being seeded wrong also hurt Whichita State. Also Louisville going into that tournament may been the hottest team in the country and they were seeded wrong as the 4 seed in that tournament, when they should have been a 3 and possibly a 2. That 2014 bracket was not favorable for any of those teams. UK actually played the lowest amount of seeded teams a team had ever played before to get to a final by playing an 8, 1, 4, 2, and 1. Now last year the bracket was a normal bracket, not the hardest but not the easiest. No complaints last year.
March 14, 201610 yr Yeah. They seem to regularly have a team in the final 4. And that same team wins that league almost every single year. Even this year, in which fans admit the team is not up to normal standards, finished a fairly easy second and won the league tournament. It's not a good basketball league and any attempt to translate Kentucky's success into a compliment for the league as a whole is just silly.
March 14, 201610 yr Would you all stop... My goodness. :lol2: I am not sure whose bias is showing more in this discussion - yours or the UK conspiracy believers.
March 14, 201610 yr And that same team wins that league almost every single year. Even this year' date=' in which fans admit the team is not up to normal standards, finished a fairly easy second and won the league tournament. It's not a good basketball league and any attempt to translate Kentucky's success into a compliment for the league as a whole is just silly.[/quote'] Hold on now. Almost everyone just jumped to Team Randy with that comment. Kentucky did NOT finish 2nd. :madman:
March 14, 201610 yr @AustinKarp CBS drew a 3.7 overnight rating for NCAA Selection Show. Lowest in around 20 years. First-ever 2-hour format in 2016. Also had bracket leak. Gave a fist pump like a proud parent after I saw that. Well done America.
March 14, 201610 yr Hold on now. Almost everyone just jumped to Team Randy with that comment. Kentucky did NOT finish 2nd. :madman: Copious apologies. I don't follow the Missouri Valley that closely either.
March 14, 201610 yr @AustinKarp CBS drew a 3.7 overnight rating for NCAA Selection Show. Lowest in around 20 years. First-ever 2-hour format in 2016. Also had bracket leak. Gave a fist pump like a proud parent after I saw that. Well done America. Irritatingly, they'll blame it on the leak and likely not get the lesson at all.
March 14, 201610 yr The SEC is a horrible basketball conference. Stop whining. While we may not use the same adjective there's no doubt it's not a top conference. I thought it may be better this year but..it wasn't. It's why you better play a strong OOC (Vandy) or you'll get left out (S Carolina).
March 14, 201610 yr I turned the show on at 5:30. When I discovered it was two hours I turned it off at about 5:45. Twitter gave me everything I needed.
March 14, 201610 yr And that same team wins that league almost every single year. Even this year, in which fans admit the team is not up to normal standards, finished a fairly easy second and won the league tournament. It's not a good basketball league and any attempt to translate Kentucky's success into a compliment for the league as a whole is just silly. I was thinking of Florida's success. The SEC really has been a 2 team Conference since the 40 minutes of Hell left town. And Florida has won 2 National Titles in the last 10 years and been to another Final Four and maybe 2 Elite Eights if my memory serves. Pretty good record for a 1 team Conference.
March 14, 201610 yr While we may not use the same adjective there's no doubt it's not a top conference. I thought it may be better this year but..it wasn't. It's why you better play a strong OOC (Vandy) or you'll get left out (S Carolina). I agree with that sentiment. It is maybe 4th or 5th best. Not in league with ACC, BIG, Big 12.
March 14, 201610 yr I am not sure whose bias is showing more in this discussion - yours or the UK conspiracy believers. Yeah. My bias against a fan base that will cry about a tournament draw literally every year. Regardless of seed, opponents, location, etc. UK could get a bye to the Final Four and someone will complain about who they might have to play when they get there. Outside of the Texas A&M seeding (this is the SEC's fault, not UK's), UK earned the seed they got. Should they have been a "different" 4 seed? Maybe... But avoid those terrible losses and you avoid that happening to your team. It's really not that difficult to understand.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.