Highlands/Beechwood Scrimmage

jbwill2

Would you amplify?

In short, St. X has to replace 20 of their 22 starters and they do not have the size they had last year.

For Highlands, last year the St. X game was probably their worst performance of the season, bad timing for a quality opponent, they were having internal problems, and a QB controversy. My main point here is the final score from last year is a little misleading.

This year, HHS has a lot more size up front, the memory of last year, "home field advantage," and frankly I think they will be light years ahead of last year.

Again, right now, it appears to be about even.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In short, St. X has to replace 20 of their 22 starters and they do not have the size they had last year.

For Highlands, last year the St. X game was probably their worst performance of the season, bad timing for a quality opponent, they were having internal problems, and a QB controversy. My main point here is the final score from last year is a little misleading.

This year, HHS has a lot more size up front, the memory of last year, "home field advantage," and frankly I think they will be light years ahead of last year.

Again, right now, it appears to be about even.

Highlands was having internal problems last year?:confused: :confused: I will agree with coming off the Colerain game and pretty beat up but I had know idea Highlands was having internal problems.:confused:

Highlands was having internal problems last year?:confused: :confused: I will agree with coming off the Colerain game and pretty beat up but I had know idea Highlands was having internal problems.:confused:

Yes, the QB controversy started taking on a life of its own among both players and parents. Sometimes you can be too close to a situation to see the full effect.

Yes, the QB controversy started taking on a life of its own among both players and parents. Sometimes you can be too close to a situation to see the full effect.

I don't know the facts but I could tell there were some issues just in the quality of play and the lack of offense in some of the games.

I don't know the facts but I could tell there were some issues just in the quality of play and the lack of offense in some of the games.

Have to disagree with you and the Ru. Our inconsistent play last year was caused simply by the fact that we started about twice as many juniors and sophomores than seniors last year. Oh, that and the fact we did play some pretty high quality teams last year. Lets see, we lost to Colerain (the second best team in Ohio), Louis St. X (probably the second best team in Ky), DeSales (runner up in its division in Ohio) and LexCath (state champion), while playing more juniors and sophomores than seniors. There's the reason for the issues in quality play and lack of offense in some of the games. Geez.

Have to disagree with you and the Ru. Our inconsistent play last year was caused simply by the fact that we started about twice as many juniors and sophomores than seniors last year. Oh, that and the fact we did play some pretty high quality teams last year. Lets see, we lost to Colerain (the second best team in Ohio), Louis St. X (probably the second best team in Ky), DeSales (runner up in its division in Ohio) and LexCath (state champion), while playing more juniors and sophomores than seniors. There's the reason for the issues in quality play and lack of offense in some of the games. Geez.

I wont disagree with you on that front...however, I thought Cecil had better Soph and Jr years then his Sr. year.... wouldnt you agree there.

I also thought Chad threw a very nice ball.... its too bad he got "slobberknocked" in that C-Rain game because I thought he could have gained some momentum there.

Playing the young guys in those "difficult" games was probably the best thing they could have done... I hope they use that seasoning for their rematch with St. X along with the other big boys on their schedule.

The schedule was almost crazy....but you don't get better scheduling cupcakes.

I wont disagree with you on that front...however, I thought Cecil had better Soph and Jr years then his Sr. year.... wouldnt you agree there.

I also thought Chad threw a very nice ball.... its too bad he got "slobberknocked" in that C-Rain game because I thought he could have gained some momentum there.

Playing the young guys in those "difficult" games was probably the best thing they could have done... I hope they use that seasoning for their rematch with St. X along with the other big boys on their schedule.

The schedule was almost crazy....but you don't get better scheduling cupcakes.

I dont think you are being fair to Cecil. His junior year he was surrounded by a pretty good team, which made his job much, much easier. Last year his entire offensive line was comprised of 5 juniors and one senior, none of which had any real experience from the prior year returning. If he was back this year, he'd look like a stud I think. Anyway, he's moved on and we should too. Last year was last year. We have a talented team that could go far if they keep working hard. Male will be a real challenge for us, and that's what we should be concentrating on.

I dont think you are being fair to Cecil. His junior year he was surrounded by a pretty good team, which made his job much, much easier. Last year his entire offensive line was comprised of 5 juniors and one senior, none of which had any real experience from the prior year returning. If he was back this year, he'd look like a stud I think. Anyway, he's moved on and we should too. Last year was last year. We have a talented team that could go far if they keep working hard. Male will be a real challenge for us, and that's what we should be concentrating on.

Not trying to be unfair.... he was a great athlete and I know he had some health problem as well. not to mention the O line being young.

Moving forward.....

When do you think Dale will make the QB decision?

Not trying to be unfair.... he was a great athlete and I know he had some health problem as well. not to mention the O line being young.

Moving forward.....

When do you think Dale will make the QB decision?

Saturday morning would be my guess.