Highlands/Beechwood Scrimmage

jbwill2

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there until almost the end of the scrimage and the Birds had scored about 7 or 8 tds to none for Beechwood. HHS looked pretty good for this being their first scrimage. The only issue that I see is they may be a liitle weak at qb and wr.........But overall pretty impressive.....:thumb: :thumb: Jordan Kramer and Josh Conner are going to be one heck of a duo..

I second the motion, Highlands beat Beechwood every which way but loose. Beechwood did score once at some point but had this been a game it would have been 50 to 0 Highlands.

For everyone playing Beechwood this year I wouldn't get too excited yet. Highlands looked very good today and the Birds should have a great season.

I was there also... I thought #41 for HHS was the clear cut favorite at QB, he has wheels and a decent arm. #16 unfortunately had some bad breaks today, atleast from what I saw.

Kramer looked outstanding, always moving his feet and twisting... very quick. Josh Connor was also very impressive. He is a true RB...strong legs and great angles when running.

Simons looked great rushing the QB and Stine and Ball at LB... that was also very impressive. Looked like Zach Hurtt tweaked a groin early, sat out rest of scrimmage. They also were missing Richard Koop, big lineman who has been out.

Beechwood was overmatched but they also have some good athletes. Both Bankempers looked good, Moreton and Finan their LB.....He laid a lick on Cecil near the sideline.....Their QB looked quick, just didnt get much time.

Other notable running backs for HHS... Oliver Head...Koester also scored... they are very deep at RB.

Great news for the Birds! Can't wait to see that backfield tandem in action! :ylsuper:

I'm sure the Tigers will be just as tough as ever. Sometimes it takes a little longer to get the engine running. And that's what the pre-season is all about! :thumb:

I thought that HHS looked pretty good, not great though. They have the makings of being a great team. I have to disagree that the Qb's didn't play well as stated by Raiderbird. I think that they(QB's) took what Beechwood gave them. Clay Cecil looked good throwing and running the ball. It's kind of nice having a Qb (Cecil) with a lb'er mentally. He tryed running through would be tacklers. Jay threw some nice ball's also.

HHS defense played very well. Offense played well, maybe a little sluggish early, but picked up in the 2nd half. I am very impressed with the running backs. The depth at RB will allow the Birds to have fresh legs in 4th quarter. O line played well. Big test Friday

Highlands looked great! Very fast.

The Tigers need to do some fine tuning, but I think they will be a contender again this year. Playing against a team like Highlands (and getting an old fashioned whooping), will make them work harder in the next couple of weeks.:fight:

I know its very early, but my recollection is that the strong Beechie teams of old have held their own against HHS teams of the past . . .

True but look at last year. Beechwood played very well against HHS last year and last years team may have been the weakest Beechwood team in the last 15 years.

I really think Beechwood is going to be ok. Elliot moves very well and has a strong arm and Bankamper is a stud. Beechwood just needs some time to develop and I think they will have a very solid 1A football team.

IMHO, this could be the best Highlands team in several years. Beechwood was just out manned today by a much superior football team and therefore Beechwood didn't look too good.

IMHO, this could be the best Highlands team in several years. Beechwood was just out manned today by a much superior football team and therefore Beechwood didn't look too good.

Even better than the HHS team of two years ago, when they won 3A, only losing one game (on the field, at least) to Cincy Elder? If so, then should they be viewed as the top contender in 3A right now???

Could this finally be the year HHS knocks off a big-time Cincy team (they play Elder at home this season)???

I would like to see how they will do against the bigger schools though.... its hard to get a measure when you are playing a weaker class A school. No disrespect to Beechwood because they are the powerhouse year in and year out in Class A and owned the 90's....but playing Male next week will be a monumental task.