January 3, 201610 yr SEC football fans are so terrified at the thought of another conference being crowned as "the best," thus they pound their chests when an SEC school beats one from out of conference. The best is always when schools who never win SEC games feel like they have a place to boast about the conference.
January 3, 201610 yr All TO's, play calling, 124 of 127 turnovers lost, predictable play calling, aren't all on the QB, right? We will find out soon enough...
January 3, 201610 yr SEC football fans are so terrified at the thought of another conference being crowned as "the best," thus they pound their chests when an SEC school beats one from out of conference. The best is always when schools who never win SEC games feel like they have a place to boast about the conference. My question is why does it matter in the first place? Root for your team and then watch every other game as just a fan of football. People make fun of all the bandwagon fans in pro sports such as the people who cheer for whatever team Lebron plays for or the newfound Seahawks fans all over the place, but I think SEC fans are worse. The bandwagon fans at least only root for one team at a time, the SEC fans have 14 favorite teams.
January 3, 201610 yr My question is why does it matter in the first place? Root for your team and then watch every other game as just a fan of football. People make fun of all the bandwagon fans in pro sports such as the people who cheer for whatever team Lebron plays for or the newfound Seahawks fans all over the place, but I think SEC fans are worse. The bandwagon fans at least only root for one team at a time, the SEC fans have 14 favorite teams. UK football fans root loud and hard for the SEC because it is all they have. "We suck, but it is probably because we play in the best conference"...
January 3, 201610 yr I do love that the SEC is back on track this year, and I've always been one of those that pounds my SEC chest everytime they win a bowl. But it's getting kind of redundant to me. I was at the Music City bowl the year UK beat FSU, I couldnt believe all the SEC chants during the game. As a UK fan my last worry was about chanting SEC , it was a weird experience. But along with the BBall analogy, I do find myself cheering for more SEC teams then not during the tournament.
January 3, 201610 yr I know that as a Kentucky basketball fan, I want Florida to lose every game, and most of my friends feel the same way about Florida basketball. But they root for Florida football when they aren't playing Kentucky. I just don't understand this. That is my biggest problem with the SEC honestly. I just don't understand why they all root for each other when they don't play each other. It makes me want to root against the SEC as a whole because I feel like they all root for the SEC as a whole. I really don't like to do that because I actually like Kentucky (I went to school there) and Tennessee (because my mom is a big Tennessee fan so I got a little bit of that from her). But I just don't understand rooting for your rivals. Yeah I know that your rivals winning makes you look good too just by affiliation, but they are going to win/ lose whether you root for them or not. So why not root against them. Maybe it's because I grew up with the Ohio State/ Michigan rivalry and the SEC rivalrys just aren't as intense as that. But I know, I want Michigan to be 0-12 every year. I don't care who they play. I hate Bama too, but if Michigan played Bama I would want them to do to Michigan what they did to MSU. I just wish teams in the same conference would actually go back to hating each other. I personally believe college football would be better for it. Try living in ACC country. They band together in all kinds of weather. Lived here for 20+ years and every time a friend's team doesn't make it in the tourney they celebrate that "at least an ACC team won it." So help me God. So it's not exclusive to the SEC. Maybe it's a "Southern Gentleman" thing? :idunno:
January 3, 201610 yr All TO's, play calling, 124 of 127 turnovers lost, predictable play calling, aren't all on the QB, right? The QB never has to throw the ball, unless he decides to throw it, and he never has to throw it to the wrong guy....
January 3, 201610 yr I know I say this every year, but I take nothing from snapshot bowl results. The numbers over time probably bear out who is the best/worst, but there are just too many variables from injuries, 4-5 weeks off from playing, coaching changes, etc. Cracks me up every year to see the pro and anti SEC (or other conference) crowd judge a season on how teams perform under abnormal circumstances.
January 3, 201610 yr All TO's, play calling, 124 of 127 turnovers lost, predictable play calling, aren't all on the QB, right? The QB never has to throw the ball, unless he decides to throw it, and he never has to throw it to the wrong guy.... Are you saying they had 124 interceptions? I know what your saying, just messin with ya.
January 3, 201610 yr Author Try living in ACC country. They band together in all kinds of weather. Lived here for 20+ years and every time a friend's team doesn't make it in the tourney they celebrate that "at least an ACC team won it." So help me God. So it's not exclusive to the SEC. Maybe it's a "Southern Gentleman" thing? :idunno: It happens on here, and by the same people ragging SEC fans for doing it. People see what they want to see. You can bet your bottom dollar if the ACC or Big Ten had more success in the bowl games you'd see the same posters on here making sure everyone one knew. We see thread after thread on who has the best confrence, district, region, etc. Every level, every sport. At the high school and college level I've always cheered for conference foes when they're playing out of conference/district.
January 3, 201610 yr How did UK do??? LOL! The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room...
January 3, 201610 yr SEC was amazing in their bowl games. Hopefully Clemson puts a little damper on it.
January 3, 201610 yr Didn't UC finish with the 7th most total offensive yards in the NCAA this season? The last half of their season UK's play was very offensive. :bag::yuck:
January 3, 201610 yr Serious question. Do you guys root for SEC teams in college basketball? Like would you have been rooting for Florida to beat Michigan in football for the SEC. If it was basketball and the 2 teams were playing would you root for them in basketball? In the NCAA basketball tourney I root for all SEC teams. I do in the football bowl games,too. I'm just an SEC guy.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.