Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SEC SEC SEC

Featured Replies

I don't see people walking around on a daily basis with hats that have a bright Big Ten logo with all the team logos around the bottom. BTW the Big Ten is still the Big Ten, but the Pac 10 has been the Pac 12 for 5 years now. I don't know how you act so confused at what the Big Ten is called now, but don't even know that the Pac 10 is now the Pac 12.

I don't see people walking around on a daily basis wearing hats with Sec logo and all the teams. People that are fans of schools from conferences other than sec on this board opening root for their conference teams.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't see people walking around on a daily basis wearing hats with Sec logo and all the teams. People that are fans of schools from conferences other than sec on this board opening root for their conference teams.

You've obviously never been to Lexington.

I don't see people walking around on a daily basis wearing hats with Sec logo and all the teams. People that are fans of schools from conferences other than sec on this board opening root for their conference teams.

And it's not simply rooting for the teams in your conference, it's the passion in which they do it. They treat it like each and every team is as important as their own.

I don't see people walking around on a daily basis with hats that have a bright Big Ten logo with all the team logos around the bottom.

 

Even when in Lexington I don't see it often see it but do recognize the SEC probably does do the best job marketing itself through merchandising.

 

BTW the Big Ten is still the Big Ten, but the Pac 10 has been the Pac 12 for 5 years now. I don't know how you act so confused at what the Big Ten is called now, but don't even know that the Pac 10 is now the Pac 12.

 

It was sarcasm, chill. Even the Big 10 acknowledges and jokes about the irony of their name, not sure why you are confused about that.

Even when in Lexington I don't see it often see it but do recognize the SEC probably does do the best job marketing itself through merchandising.

 

 

 

It was sarcasm, chill. Even the Big 10 acknowledges and jokes about the irony of their name, not sure why you are confused about that.

I just sort of thought it was ironic that you were making fun of the Big 10, but called the Pac 12 by their old name. I don't know, I got a laugh out of it.

I know that as a Kentucky basketball fan, I want Florida to lose every game, and most of my friends feel the same way about Florida basketball. But they root for Florida football when they aren't playing Kentucky. I just don't understand this. That is my biggest problem with the SEC honestly. I just don't understand why they all root for each other when they don't play each other. It makes me want to root against the SEC as a whole because I feel like they all root for the SEC as a whole. I really don't like to do that because I actually like Kentucky (I went to school there) and Tennessee (because my mom is a big Tennessee fan so I got a little bit of that from her). But I just don't understand rooting for your rivals. Yeah I know that your rivals winning makes you look good too just by affiliation, but they are going to win/ lose whether you root for them or not. So why not root against them. Maybe it's because I grew up with the Ohio State/ Michigan rivalry and the SEC rivalrys just aren't as intense as that. But I know, I want Michigan to be 0-12 every year. I don't care who they play. I hate Bama too, but if Michigan played Bama I would want them to do to Michigan what they did to MSU. I just wish teams in the same conference would actually go back to hating each other. I personally believe college football would be better for it.

I would disagree about the SEC not having intense rivalries, Alabama vs Auburn is right there with OSU vs Michigan.

I thought the Big10 just went by BiG now?

I would disagree about the SEC not having intense rivalries, Alabama vs Auburn is right there with OSU vs Michigan.
I would say yeah it's intense too. But most of the Bama fans that I interact with merely adopted Bama as their favorite team and therefore don't have this intense hatred for Auburn ingrained in them at birth. Whereas being from Ohio they teach the song "We don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan in elementary music classes." Well they do modify it to say "we don't like the whole state of Michigan" But like I said I can only speak from my personal experiences.
I thought the Big10 just went by BiG now?

That's what their logo says: B1G. But they still go by Big Ten.

I would say yeah it's intense too. But most of the Bama fans that I interact with merely adopted Bama as their favorite team and therefore don't have this intense hatred for Auburn ingrained in them at birth. Whereas being from Ohio they teach the song "We don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan in elementary music classes." Well they do modify it to say "we don't like the whole state of Michigan" But like I said I can only speak from my personal experiences.

But you are for the most part coming in contact with fans that as you say weren't born into it...go to Alabama and see if there is much love between the two down there.

That's what their logo says: B1G. But they still go by Big Ten.

 

Ah ok. How many teams do they have now?

Didn't an Alabama fan poison some trees on Auburn's campus, or was it the other way around? There's a lot of real hatred there without question.

Ah ok. How many teams do they have now?

 

The Big 10 has 14 teams.

Didn't an Alabama fan poison some trees on Auburn's campus, or was it the other way around? There's a lot of real hatred there without question.
Yes. And while not on the same level as this rivalry, with the crossover division rival game each year there are some decent rivalry type games each year in the SEC (eg. Bama/Tennessee, Florida/LSU).
Ah ok. How many teams do they have now?
14.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.