Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SEC SEC SEC

Featured Replies

They got a "Good job, good effort" on the way out of town...

 

And a pay raise...

  • Replies 80
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And a pay raise...

 

Yes. UK did over pay for the OC of the 6th best team in the AAC... :thumb:

Yes. UK did over pay for the OC of the 6th best team in the AAC... :thumb:

 

No reason for you to be upset about it then. You seem upset.

No reason for you to be upset about it then. You seem upset.

 

Not upset at all. Enjoy...

I agree. But I believe some are afraid that would result in two SEC championships being played more years than not.

 

Who cares... And if you think that is a problem, you obviously need to look in the mirror.

 

Oh, I know you and I are on the same page.

 

Just like all other levels of college, this one needs to be expanded.

Who cares... And if you think that is a problem, you obviously need to look in the mirror.

 

Oh, I know you and I are on the same page.

 

Just like all other levels of college, this one needs to be expanded.

 

I agree 100%.

I agree. But I believe some are afraid that would result in two SEC championships being played more years than not.

I'm probably one of the biggest doubters of the SEC, but if there is an 8 team playoff and 2 SEC schools make the championship game, then so be it. If they're the best, they're the best. I just want the best teams in the country to play each other and if a year happens in which the 2 best teams are SEC, then good for them. But I don't think it would happen anyways.

I'm probably one of the biggest doubters of the SEC, but if there is an 8 team playoff and 2 SEC schools make the championship game, then so be it. If they're the best, they're the best. I just want the best teams in the country to play each other and if a year happens in which the 2 best teams are SEC, then good for them. But I don't think it would happen anyways.

 

I like your stance and completely agree. IMO, the playoff needs expanded. Also, I believe it will be in the future, as there are too many problems with the current model.

 

On the other hand I do believe that if two to three SEC teams make an 8 team playoff, there is a decent chance that two SEC teams play for the championship. That wouldn't happen every year and maybe not even this year, as Clemson looks like the real deal. But even if it did happen three out of the first 10 years, the sec would get even stronger and other conferences would suffer from that. IMO, that is why there isn't an 8 team playoff at the moment.

 

I do think they will not have a choice but to expand in the future however. This year's first round games were blowouts and TV ratings took a huge plunge. The only way to fix that is to expand and gain more interest from prominent football states.

Yes. UK did over pay for the OC of the 6th best team in the AAC... :thumb:

 

Didn't UC finish with the 7th most total offensive yards in the NCAA this season?

Didn't UC finish with the 7th most total offensive yards in the NCAA this season?

 

Yup. Tons of yards between the 20s. Also tons of critical turnovers and predictable play calling in the red zone. 83rd in Red Zone O and 124 of 127 in turnovers lost. Fun with numbers...

Yup. Tons of yards between the 20s. Also tons of critical turnovers and predictable play calling in the red zone. 83rd in Red Zone O and 124 of 127 in turnovers lost. Fun with numbers...

 

Well, we UK fans are used to having problems in the red zone, that is when we do get there, so maybe he will fit right in.

Serious question. Do you guys root for SEC teams in college basketball? Like would you have been rooting for Florida to beat Michigan in football for the SEC. If it was basketball and the 2 teams were playing would you root for them in basketball?

Yup. Tons of yards between the 20s. Also tons of critical turnovers and predictable play calling in the red zone. 83rd in Red Zone O and 124 of 127 in turnovers lost. Fun with numbers...

 

All TO's, play calling, 124 of 127 turnovers lost, predictable play calling, aren't all on the QB, right?

Serious question. Do you guys root for SEC teams in college basketball? Like would you have been rooting for Florida to beat Michigan in football for the SEC. If it was basketball and the 2 teams were playing would you root for them in basketball?

 

This was obviously a rhetorical question.

Serious question. Do you guys root for SEC teams in college basketball? Like would you have been rooting for Florida to beat Michigan in football for the SEC. If it was basketball and the 2 teams were playing would you root for them in basketball?
I know that as a Kentucky basketball fan, I want Florida to lose every game, and most of my friends feel the same way about Florida basketball. But they root for Florida football when they aren't playing Kentucky. I just don't understand this. That is my biggest problem with the SEC honestly. I just don't understand why they all root for each other when they don't play each other. It makes me want to root against the SEC as a whole because I feel like they all root for the SEC as a whole. I really don't like to do that because I actually like Kentucky (I went to school there) and Tennessee (because my mom is a big Tennessee fan so I got a little bit of that from her). But I just don't understand rooting for your rivals. Yeah I know that your rivals winning makes you look good too just by affiliation, but they are going to win/ lose whether you root for them or not. So why not root against them. Maybe it's because I grew up with the Ohio State/ Michigan rivalry and the SEC rivalrys just aren't as intense as that. But I know, I want Michigan to be 0-12 every year. I don't care who they play. I hate Bama too, but if Michigan played Bama I would want them to do to Michigan what they did to MSU. I just wish teams in the same conference would actually go back to hating each other. I personally believe college football would be better for it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.