Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SEC SEC SEC

Featured Replies

I've never seen so many conference fans in my life. Anyways, I feel a 16 team playoff would be just fine. Start the week after the conference championships. Run it similar to basketball in terms of ranking and what not. This would allow the teams to still play possibly 14-15 games and would end right around this time. No long break in between.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've never seen so many conference fans in my life. Anyways, I feel a 16 team playoff would be just fine. Start the week after the conference championships. Run it similar to basketball in terms of ranking and what not. This would allow the teams to still play possibly 14-15 games and would end right around this time. No long break in between.

 

You need a couple of weeks off for finals don't you? 4 or 5 rounds of playoffs is too many.

You need a couple of weeks off for finals don't you? 4 or 5 rounds of playoffs is too many.

 

I forgot about finals week. It would still only be a 4 week playoff system. FCS does it without any problems. I feel that the FBS would be able to pull something similar to that off.

  • Author

16 is too many, 8 would be good. Don't think they'll change it soon though.

As a kid/teen my 3 favorite college football teams in order were...Bama, Gators and Kentucky. Even went to game at commonwealth wearing a Gator sweatshirt one year. So rooting for those teams has been something I've done for over 35 years.

 

As far as rooting for a conference, once bowl games start I do for the most part...but not always for every team. I always find it hard to root for the Vols and rarely do.

 

Living in Big 10 country during the decade of the 90s those fans are the same way...I heard daily about the greatness of the Big10

16 is too many, 8 would be good. Don't think they'll change it soon though.

 

16 or 8 would be fine I think. But 4, based on a bunch of old guys opinions, I don't think is that good. Granted, I do like it better than the computers, but think 4 wasn't a great idea.

It happens on here, and by the same people ragging SEC fans for doing it. People see what they want to see. You can bet your bottom dollar if the ACC or Big Ten had more success in the bowl games you'd see the same posters on here making sure everyone one knew. We see thread after thread on who has the best confrence, district, region, etc. Every level, every sport.

 

At the high school and college level I've always cheered for conference foes when they're playing out of conference/district.

 

I have family in Ohio AND Michigan and they are always tooting the Big 10's horn and rooting for the other teams in the conference in the NCAA tourney and in bowl games.

 

I saw them interviewing Dale Jr before one of the bowl games and he said that he was a Gamecock fan, so he had to pull for all of the SEC teams in the bowl games. I'm guessing it's pretty common everywhere.

Yes, I root for the SEC in all major sports. My 2nd choice is ACC. My 3rd choice is B12. My 4th choice is B10. My 5th choice is anyone playing the PAC. Im obviously a southerner living in the nothwest corner of the SEC. ROLL TIDE

I hate Tennessee. Always have and always will.

I think when teams in a conference do well it helps the rankings of their teams. That is why I pull for them.

It brings up those power rankings.

Maybe it's because I grew up with the Ohio State/ Michigan rivalry and the SEC rivalrys just aren't as intense as that. But I know, I want Michigan to be 0-12 every year. I don't care who they play. I hate Bama too, but if Michigan played Bama I would want them to do to Michigan what they did to MSU. I just wish teams in the same conference would actually go back to hating each other. I personally believe college football would be better for it.

I think Alabama and Auburn Fans would disagree with you on that statement :lol2:

Just watching Roll Tide/War Eagle you see fans from both sides rooting against the other when they played for a title. Ohio St and Michigan don't have the market cornered on intense rivalries.

I think Alabama and Auburn Fans would disagree with you on that statement :lol2:

Just watching Roll Tide/War Eagle you see fans from both sides rooting against the other when they played for a title. Ohio St and Michigan don't have the market cornered on intense rivalries.

 

See Harvey Updyke.

It happens on here, and by the same people ragging SEC fans for doing it. People see what they want to see. You can bet your bottom dollar if the ACC or Big Ten had more success in the bowl games you'd see the same posters on here making sure everyone one knew. We see thread after thread on who has the best confrence, district, region, etc. Every level, every sport.

 

At the high school and college level I've always cheered for conference foes when they're playing out of conference/district.

 

Went to college with and have worked with numerous BIG 10/11/12/13/whatever it is now, fans and a strong argument could be made they are worse. They still hold strong that the Big Whatever is still just as strong as the SEC and PAC10 so they support the others in the conference fiercely.

I think Alabama and Auburn Fans would disagree with you on that statement :lol2:

Just watching Roll Tide/War Eagle you see fans from both sides rooting against the other when they played for a title. Ohio St and Michigan don't have the market cornered on intense rivalries.

Most of my friends that are Bama fans root for Auburn when they aren't playing Bama. Most of them sort of adopted being a Bama fan instead of simply being born into it, and that's probably the difference. I'm not dealing with Bama fans actually from Alabama too often.

Went to college with and have worked with numerous BIG 10/11/12/13/whatever it is now, fans and a strong argument could be made they are worse. They still hold strong that the Big Whatever is still just as strong as the SEC and PAC10 so they support the others in the conference fiercely.

I don't see people walking around on a daily basis with hats that have a bright Big Ten logo with all the team logos around the bottom. BTW the Big Ten is still the Big Ten, but the Pac 10 has been the Pac 12 for 5 years now. I don't know how you act so confused at what the Big Ten is called now, but don't even know that the Pac 10 is now the Pac 12.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.