14th Region starting 5

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Auggie, I'm glad you mentioned Daniel Neeley. I started to make a list the other day and list him in the starting 5, but I backed off because I'm an Owsley County fan and I figured folks would just think I was promoting one of our kids..... as a fan. Well, it's true I do want to promote Owsley players, but I also truly believe that Daniel is one of the best guards in the region.

I suppose we'll just have to see how everything plays out this season and then make a judgement.

I''m a Lee County fan,and I think putting Daniel as the sixth man in the region is underrating him.

Clark Stepp - JBS

Tate Cox - JBS

Garrison Collins - JBS

Michael Cambell - Hazard

Justin Hicks - Hazard

Kenny Brandenburg - Lee County

Caleb Fetters - Lee County

Tyler Bailey - Perry Central

Brian Hubbard - Leslie

Ryan Howard - Leslie

Daniel Neeley - Owsley

Zach Gay - Buckhorn

Just mix & match with these players

Stepp,

Is the best all-around guard I have seen in a long time. Not only is he talented but most importantly he understands the game. Most players today don't have a clue. He knows where and when the next pass/shot should go

Stepp,

Is the best all-around guard I have seen in a long time. Not only is he talented but most importantly he understands the game. Most players today don't have a clue. He knows where and when the next pass/shot should go

I agree, he knows exactly where and when the next pass/shot should go.

Stepp's only fault is when he is trying to do to much and don't rely on his other players sometimes. He has a great running mate in Cox and a monster big man that he should use a lot more. Most of the time he makes the right pass or takes the right shot, but he is still growing up and learning the game and tries o do to much at times when they have missed a couple of shots and when it comes down to a close crunch time whether to pass or shoot, he hasn't yet learned that he is the man they want to take the shot. I do think he has learned from past mistakes and will be ready for a great year.

Stepp's only fault is when he is trying to do to much and don't rely on his other players sometimes. He has a great running mate in Cox and a monster big man that he should use a lot more. Most of the time he makes the right pass or takes the right shot, but he is still growing up and learning the game and tries o do to much at times when they have missed a couple of shots and when it comes down to a close crunch time whether to pass or shoot, he hasn't yet learned that he is the man they want to take the shot. I do think he has learned from past mistakes and will be ready for a great year.
I agree that he knows when and where to pass/shoot he just doesn't do it all the time. If JBS is going to go far in the 14th he is going to have to play team ball.

If I had that team, Tate Cox is a pure point guard, pass first, score second kind of player! If you have Stepp at the two guard on one side and Hicks at the three man on the other side, there would be many three's going up on that team and the two big guys would get all the garbage rebounds and set all the screens! I know i would sure hate to have the problem of too much talent, a good coach would know what to do with it all and keep them all happy!