Pike County Bowl

I remember both games well but I thought that game was 38-6. After the 89 game in the bitter cold, we opened back up with you guys in the 90 game in the blistering heat. Talk about two extremes.

That was the last time we played HHS. I'd like to see them invited back to the PCB, but that is a long way to travel.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belfry plays NCC while Pikeville plays Henry Clay.

Last year was the first time the Belfry and Pikeville played on seperate nights and it will remain the same from now on they will altenate Fri/Sat from now on.

The schedule looks like this

Friday, 8/18 @ Belfry

6:00 : Phelps-Shelby Valley; 8:30 : Belfry-Newport Central Catholic

Saturday, 8/19 @ Pikeville

6:00 : Pike Central-East Ridge; 8:30 : Pikeville-Henry Clay

I think Pikeville and Belfry should play on the same night and field, if they want to alternate fields that would be fine. The gate would be a lot better..:ylsuper:

How is Belfry going to be this year,And how well will they Match up with NCC? I don't know anything about Belfry at all.
Belfry will be very good. We have a some tuff spots to fill but we will be good. Tuffest spot will be our speed back with Matt Maynard graduating. But from what I hear Dustin May is improved alot and that is very good news along with Corey Chapman we will have a good backfeild. They say the qb position is looking good a battle between 2 and I seen Ryan Preston yesterday and he has grown and is solid muscle. Our line wont be huge but they will be strong tuff and quick which I feel is a good combination. I personally think we will be better than last year.

I think Belfry and NCC will be a good game. Last year NCC just knocked Pikeville off the line of scrimage every play. That wont happen against Belfry. Also Belfry can match NCC speed better than Pikeville did but I still give NCC the hand on speed but Belfry the upperhand in strenght. Another factor to add is Pikeville crowd wasnt really large or anything but with Belfryfans you can guarantee it packed out.

Belfry will be very good. We have a some tuff spots to fill but we will be good. Tuffest spot will be our speed back with Matt Maynard graduating. But from what I hear Dustin May is improved alot and that is very good news along with Corey Chapman we will have a good backfeild. They say the qb position is looking good a battle between 2 and I seen Ryan Preston yesterday and he has grown and is solid muscle. Our line wont be huge but they will be strong tuff and quick which I feel is a good combination. I personally think we will be better than last year.

I think Belfry and NCC will be a good game. Last year NCC just knocked Pikeville off the line of scrimage every play. That wont happen against Belfry. Also Belfry can match NCC speed better than Pikeville did but I still give NCC the hand on speed but Belfry the upperhand in strenght. Another factor to add is Pikeville crowd wasnt really large or anything but with Belfryfans you can guarantee it packed out.

Pikevilles crowd wasnt that big because of the monsoon that blowed in right before the game started.

Pikevilles crowd wasnt that big because of the monsoon that blowed in right before the game started.

It was packed until the lightning and the monsoon.

That was the worse weather I had been out in at a football game in a whle.

I must admit Im a purist when it comes to the the PCB. No offense to anyone but I dont think the other county schools should be involved besides Belfry. Ive think we should go back to the traditional 4 teams 2 games on saturday. Now that Belfry has theyre nice stadium the game could be alternated each year. The basic idea for the PCB when it started was the 2 best teams in Pike County playing 2 good teams from out in the state. IMO the bowl has lost some of its luster because the exclusivity factor has been breached. Its not like the other schools wont be profiting from this if they dont play in it. Proceeds have always gone to the county schools football programs. In all honesty the coaches at ER,PC,SV probably would rather not play in a district game and 2 of these teams will every year. I just think its time to go back to the basic premise of why the PCB was created and chock this experiment up to a bad learning experience.

:thumb: