Pike County Bowl

Does anyone have any info on the Pike County Bowl? Just Wondering about Game times and Who NCC plays. I beleive they will play Belfry,But I am not positive.Also Belfry played at home last year on Sat instead of at Pike County,will they play at home again this year?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belfry plays NCC while Pikeville plays Henry Clay.

Last year was the first time the Belfry and Pikeville played on seperate nights and it will remain the same from now on they will altenate Fri/Sat from now on.

The schedule looks like this

Friday, 8/18 @ Belfry

6:00 : Phelps-Shelby Valley; 8:30 : Belfry-Newport Central Catholic

Saturday, 8/19 @ Pikeville

6:00 : Pike Central-East Ridge; 8:30 : Pikeville-Henry Clay

Belfry plays NCC while Pikeville plays Henry Clay.

Last year was the first time the Belfry and Pikeville played on seperate nights and it will remain the same from now on they will altenate Fri/Sat from now on.

The schedule looks like this

Friday, 8/18 @ Belfry

6:00 : Phelps-Shelby Valley; 8:30 : Belfry-Newport Central Catholic

Saturday, 8/19 @ Pikeville

6:00 : Pike Central-East Ridge; 8:30 : Pikeville-Henry Clay

Is the New Cath game time and date correct?

That means 2 teams would be left out and the whining would begin...

Who would you leave out?

You cannot leave out Belfry and Pikeville, because no one would show up.

No you would not have to leave anyone else.

Play three games each day as some other bigger events do or make this a three day event with Thursday games rotating between Pike Central and Shelby Valley.

No you would not have to leave anyone else.

Play three games each day as some other bigger events do or make this a three day event with Thursday games rotating between Pike Central and Shelby Valley.

Thats a good idea, but with the heat index I feel 3 games would be too much, and with 3 days, they had talked about that but the feeling was the Thursday night game would end uo costing the PCB money because of attendance, like the Fri. games did before.

Also if you have 3 games a night just imagine how late those last games, the main ones would be starting. I like having the local teams play each other. Only thing I dont like about it is having a district game that early because a playoff spot is often on the line first game of season and that is way to early.

The Ray Charger Classic starts there first game at noon and they play four games so this can be done. To stop the low attendance, the powers to be would need to do a little homework and create good or should I say potentially good match ups. I know from going to this bowl and drive five plus hours to get there my favorite one was the year Harlen and Paris was involved in the event even though the Paris vs. Shelby Valley game was a 60 plus point blowout.

Last year both of the so-called big time games was hard to watch being both local teams were beaten very badly. The local teams when pitted against each other always put on a good show but the crowds are scarce at best. Is it really fair to them to always be for lack of a better phrase the step child in this event?

I must admit Im a purist when it comes to the the PCB. No offense to anyone but I dont think the other county schools should be involved besides Belfry. Ive think we should go back to the traditional 4 teams 2 games on saturday. Now that Belfry has theyre nice stadium the game could be alternated each year. The basic idea for the PCB when it started was the 2 best teams in Pike County playing 2 good teams from out in the state. IMO the bowl has lost some of its luster because the exclusivity factor has been breached. Its not like the other schools wont be profiting from this if they dont play in it. Proceeds have always gone to the county schools football programs. In all honesty the coaches at ER,PC,SV probably would rather not play in a district game and 2 of these teams will every year. I just think its time to go back to the basic premise of why the PCB was created and chock this experiment up to a bad learning experience.