Reds finally willing to trade Chapman, Bruce, others

HammerTime

Chapman is my current favorite Red to watch...If they are giving up on next year what are we looking at...100 losses?

No wonder they kept Price, probably couldn't have hired a decent manager to come into this hot mess for next season.

So you want to keep Chapman and only lose 90 games?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you want to keep Chapman and only lose 90 games?

Didn't say that, just stating that he is my favorite player to watch.

100 losses in the cross hairs with or without Chapman...yes I'd hate to see him go especially if we don't get a top prospect back and we all know we won't.

100 losses in the cross hairs with or without Chapman...yes I'd hate to see him go especially if we don't get a top prospect back and we all know we won't.

I think Chapman would have a nice return on the trade market.

We don't know that at all. Chapman would've brought a ton back at the deadline. He won't bring as much now, but he'll still bring in a really good haul, which I would imagine will include at least one guy in an organizations top 10 list....

It does but you're still paying a guy $12M .

And saving $15M over the long haul.

Also, keep in mind that Arizona is/was the most aggressive pursuer of Chapman at the deadline.

Rosenthal noted that more players may need to be involved to get something done. A Chapman/Phillips package could bring a pretty nice haul back for the Reds while opening up a spot for a bat they need to find a way to get into the everyday lineup next season.

I think Chapman would have a nice return on the trade market.

We don't know that at all. Chapman would've brought a ton back at the deadline. He won't bring as much now, but he'll still bring in a really good haul, which I would imagine will include at least one guy in an organizations top 10 list....

I would hope so but, the Reds just don't seem to get the better end of a lot of these deals. I'd love to see Chapman go to a contender if he leaves. But NOT in the division.