Madison Central 3 Woodford County 0

hornet82

Yesterday, Madison Central played at 10 & 8, Woodford Co played at 12 & 8.

I did not stay for the 8:00 match but I can tell you that I saw some very physical play in the 3 matches I watched yesterday. I believe the trainers for the event were from EKU, they were very busy and did a nice job. It could take a day or two for them to replenish their ice supply.

Other than Batman, I think the majority of the team was good going into their match with MC. Batman got a little banged up in a collison with Snow in their earlier match, I think they both cracked knees while going after a ball. Neither appeared to be 100% after this but I do not think it will be too serious after some ice and rest... both played in their matches last night. Adams also took a beating for Cooper in this match, he had to leave and did not return. He gave it a go in the second match but was not able to go the distance.

There were also a couple of kids that got banged up for Boyle in the match with Cooper, none appeared to be too serious. The worse was a big collision at midfield, both kids were down for a while and it took the refs quite some time to sort things out. By the time they were ready to resume play both kids were good to go.

I see a lot of these tourny type events mid season.....Do they count as only one game like Bluegrass or is each game counted as one?

Playing more than one high level game in a day, this close to the post season, really seems like taking a risk. Injuries seem to be more likely when players are playing tired. Just thinking out loud.