69 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins and why?

• Bowling Green
    • St. Xavier

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the first half of X's game against Henry Clay, Ridder for X has the tools to give BG some issues. When a QB can make plays with their legs it makes blitzing more of a concern. X hasn't had a QB this mobile since Alex Mattingly in '11. BG's defense is much better than HC's so it will be interesting to see how X's offense handles BG's defense.

There are folks in this fine state who still practice snake handling' date=' just as their are folks on this fine board who will still pick X in this game.[/quote']

To be fair, wouldn't X be considered the favorite in 4 out of the 5 years this game has been played? BG has definitely won those games and it isn't really a surprise anymore to see them win against X, I'll give you that. But picking X in this game isn't ridiculous enough to compare it to snake handling, especially with the talent they currently have. Good luck both teams.

Great program no question - but doubt I would go that far ??

That post was loaded with sarcasm after last year when a dozen or so on here humorously claimed BG had surpassed T as KY's Flagship Program. I was the most vocal at laughing at the assertion.

What does "Flagship Program" mean?

Trinity is a great program no doubt. But what makes them great? I've always understood they they work harder than everyone else. If the kids at Casey County worked harder than Trinity could they be Kentucky's "Flagship Program"?

If the Casey County kids worked harder than the Trinity kids, then, although Casey County still may not be the state's "Flagship Program", those kids should feel very proud and good about themselves regardless of the W-L results. The same applies to any school in the Commonwealth.

There are folks in this fine state who still practice snake handling, just as their are folks on this fine board who will still pick X in this game.

I was one of those people that picked X to win the last 4 years, and while I really want pick X again I just don't know if I can. If X couldn't beat them last year then I don't know if I could justify them beating BG this year. I'll sleep on it s little longer.