1. 1. Who wins and why?

• Bowling Green
    • St. Xavier

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Simon Kenton film?

VS Henry Clay, the QB is a great athlete with the ability to run the ball, and they crammed the ball down the throat of HC. They also passed the ball very efficiently against a good, athletic secondary. I don't know if HC is any good this year, but the game was over the second the ball was kicked off.

The Simon Kenton film?

Hopefully the team that played against HC shows up, not the team that played against SK.

It maybe a little too early to say they're scary, but there's a lot of potential for this team to be very good. The development of Ridder while determine how scary they can be on offense. He does have a good running game which will help him and with Roskowski (sp) at wide out it give a solid WR on the outside.

Defense isn't fancy, but they do what they're coached to do and they are opportunistic under the leadership of Coach Bruner.

It will be Patriotic Night Friday night and the Tigers will be honoring their 2004 state championship team at halftime, which I'll be making the trip up to attend.

Should be a great atmosphere for high school football.

St. X is a great place to watch a game as well. I enjoyed everything about the stadium and atmosphere when I went there for the last BG/St. X game.

I cannot wait for this game. Bowling Green has looked good, especially considering the new QB and the young O-Line and D-Line. This will be a much tougher test than the previous two weeks for the Purples. I don't know what St. X has, but I have a feeling BG's defense will have some problems up front. Because of the youth, I lean St. X on this one. Bowling Green has beaten them, what three years in a row?? Going into St. X with a young team could be like walking into a hornets nest. Can't wait for Friday.

Nice win last week to start the season for the Tigers! As I said before, X has a lot to prove this season!!! This is a game in which if X is going to be a contender for the state title, must win!!! If X has rebuilt and retooled, then this is a good opportunity to show what you have learned and your capabilities. To this point, no need to talk about it. Either you got a team or you dont. Looking forward to Friday Night. GO TIGERS !!!

I think at the end of the day, the explosiveness of the Purples offense will be the difference. When you have two backs like Carrothers and Yates, it just provides a 1-2 punch that keeps on coming all game long. Deangelo Wilson is a speeds wideout that can cause problems in space as well. St. X seems to be moving in the right direction, but in a close game, I'll err on the side of big play capability.

Bowling Green 21

St. X 17