Top 5 Best and Worst Friday Night Lights Characters

price499

Showtime 60 Minutes Sports did a piece this week where they visited Permian 25 years later and talked to a few of the players as well as locals.

Many locals are STILL upset about the negative portrayal. No one has said Bissinger was wrong. They just said he didn't report enough of the positives.

Boobie is in prison. Son is a stud running back in Dallas. Boobie said that during tests a teacher would bring him an answer sheet. Never had to do a thing....until he got hurt. Once he got hurt and couldn't help Permian the answer sheets stopped coming. Sad tale.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Showtime 60 Minutes Sports did a piece this week where they visited Permian 25 years later and talked to a few of the players as well as locals.

Many locals are STILL upset about the negative portrayal. No one has said Bissinger was wrong. They just said he didn't report enough of the positives.

Boobie is in prison. Son is a stud running back in Dallas. Boobie said that during tests a teacher would bring him an answer sheet. Never had to do a thing....until he got hurt. Once he got hurt and couldn't help Permian the answer sheets stopped coming. Sad tale.

I hate to hear that about Boobie Miles, let's hope that his son's story turns out better.

I wish I could go back and watch it for the first time again lol

I'm loving it. I can't believe I missed the boat on this show. I'm watching at least an episode a day right now. Why do I always feel bad for people that do wrong? I'm all in my feelings for Riggins and Lyla but I should be hating them for what they did to Jason. What's wrong with me???? :lol2: :lol2:

I'm loving it. I can't believe I missed the boat on this show. I'm watching at least an episode a day right now. Why do I always feel bad for people that do wrong? I'm all in my feelings for Riggins and Lyla but I should be hating them for what they did to Jason. What's wrong with me???? :lol2: :lol2:

I'm not sure what it was about Riggins, but it was just hard to not like him regardless of what he did.

Season 2 ended prematurely due to the writer's strike and that whole season seemed a little off to me. I may be in the minority, but season 4 was one of my favorites.

SI Bissinger returns 25 years later

Friday Night Lights 25th anniversary: H. G. Bissinger book excerpt - High School - SI.com

I'm on the finale of season 2. If season 2 is the worst season then I may be done with the whole series next week sometime.

My favorite characters so far. In order:

1. Matt Saracen-how can anyone not love Matt? The lovable backup QB turned QB1. I love that kid. He's a relatable character.

2. Tim Riggins-you just want to see him succeed. He always takes 1 step forward and 3 steps back.

3. Landry Clark-the smart witty kid who worked hard to get his girl. He killed for her, confessed and wasn't charged.

4. Tyra Colette-she's kind of like the female Tim Riggins.

5. Coach Taylor-he always seems to do the right thing, says the right thing and is also still a coach I'd love to play for. Mac-"You smell that, coach?" Coach Taylor-"No. No I dont smell that." :lol2:

I'm off work now. Gonna finish up season 2 shortly.