Training Staff Critical

Ram

Do either of you know what goes into becoming a certified athletic trainer? And I also believe that for every "gullible" AT you can site I can also find an over-zealous coach who will push an injured athlete back into activity when they are not ready. What's the point? Are you saying that schools shouldn't have athletic trainers because some MAY sit a kid down when someone else who MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE ANY MEDICAL TRAINING thinks they can play? My point is that it's negligent, bordering on criminal that schools do not safeguard the health of their student athletes.

1. I do know what it takes as I have a background in biomechanics and anatomy. 2. If you read my comment I clearly state I think its important to have Trainers there, I just express that there is much left to the opinion of the Trainers and that there are SOME things that can be played through and SOME that cannot. Having a trainer that is familiar with Football and the pains that come with the sport and things that someone can play through without the detriment of further injury is important.