Rare Lion Killed by American Dentist

hoops5

Wow all the outrage over a hunter killing animals and callously using their body parts. Social media is blowing up and Jimmy Kimmel almost cried.

Imagine how outraged people would be if a video or videos surfaced showing people talk about destroying unborn HUMANS and selling their body parts.

No wait...

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lion was hunted illegally and died a slow and painful premeditated death, so that a wealthy, successful American could fulfill his bucket list.

Can anyone read that statement and think it's really no big deal because it's just a lion?

Can anyone watch the Planned Parenthood videos and really think it's no big deal because it's just a fetus?

The Lion was hunted illegally and died a slow and painful premeditated death' date=' so that a wealthy, successful American could fulfill his bucket list. Can anyone read that statement and think it's really no big deal because it's just a lion?[/quote']

Question is "how big of a deal?"

I might shake my head at it but it's way down my angst list.

I am surely more sickened and brought to tears over 3,000 children "terminated" just yesterday, than I could ever be about an animal being shot, even if it was in a very controversial manner.

What is more baffling, and very ironic, is folks getting in a fuss and tears over a dead lion, while at the same time endorsing and promoting perverted and destructive sexual behavior, and endorsing the murdering of thousands of children per day.

Hey, let's be sad and outraged, and call for justice over a dead lion, while we throw the sanctity of human life out the window and strike a death blow to the very foundation of our society, marriage and family.

I think this is a good time for sarcasm and use some of the most shallow and uneducated arguments I have heard in recent weeks....

"What do you care about a dentist and a lion? What he chooses to prefer to hunt is none of your business. It doesn't effect you in any manner. You will still get up today and do your thing. It doesn't change anything for you. It is so sad that people have to judge and be prejudice. Obviously he was born this way."

I wonder how that argument fits now.

I don't agree with the way the lion was hunted, but he would have died a slow painful death in a couple years anyway.. He was pretty old and as soon as he was beaten in battle with another, younger male, he would be left to starve and attacked by other animals...

A lot of posts in this thread reminds me of when I went to a movie a few years ago. Long, violent shooting/chase scene where innocent bystanders (including a kid) were shot and at one point a dog. Yep, when the dog got shot you could hear a collective and sympathetic aww. So, I agree with others that aren't too bothered by the lion, especially when you think about the PP thread and the lack of sympathy/disgust.

Though I technically agree with the sentiment, the original purpose of this story isn't to compare/contrast abortion to this incident, so lets reel it in a little here. One has nothing to do with the other.

Most of us on here know how horrific abortion is. That doesn't make the killing of this lion and the way it was done by a seemingly total jerk any less of a story.

Think of all the antelope lives that were saved by the dentist, the man is a hero in the antelope community. This lion was a mass murder who hunted down and in cold blood killed other beautiful creatures. I notice that mainstream media portrays Cecil as a bit of a warm, fuzzy family lion man. He is always cuddled up to his Mrs. Cecil. They never show him stepping out on Mrs. Cecil or covered in the blood of his innocent victims.

Circle of life, two hunters meet and Cecil lost.

Though I technically agree with the sentiment, the original purpose of this story isn't to compare/contrast abortion to this incident, so lets reel it in a little here. One has nothing to do with the other.

Most of us on here know how horrific abortion is. That doesn't make the killing of this lion and the way it was done by a seemingly total jerk any less of a story.

I disagree. The silence in the PP thread is quite deafening. I'm guilty as well.

This illegal lion killing just to mount a lions head reminds me of something: The great Buffalo slaughter here in the United States. Americans killed most of them, just for sport, and left them dead on the plains.

And before you bring up the "Trail of Tears", I will already mention that it was and still is a horrible and shameful part of our history.