Rare Lion Killed by American Dentist

hoops5

Your passion is respected but has nothing to do with this thread. I read that thread, and it immediately jumps on a pro-life bandwagon for which some of us are not (within limitations of course). Then the harvesting of organs of a fetus or a 3 year old child for that matter if done with the consent of the parent is not quite the barbaric topic it is painted to be by the pro-lifers who are looking more like PETA. Sorry, and I will devote more time to viewing the video, but I am not yet buying the similarity.

To each his own...to be clear I am pro-life but also do not think women should be arrested for having an abortion. I am about as far apart from the PETA loons as could be. If you can watch those videos and not be incensed, it's a free country. My main beef with PP is that tax payer money goes to them...just really bothers me A LOT. Hopefully Congress will do something about this soon - make Obama veto it, which he will. But at least the country will see where everyone stands.

Back to the thread topic, I hate hunting and would never do it. I am curious as to why the vitriol toward the dentist though? Is it because the lion has a cute name? I am hearing people saying they want him to lose his practice (which if it happens will not only affect him and his family but his employees as well). I am hearing others saying they wished the lion mauled him? What?? Really?? If he did anything illegal, then he should be prosecuted but we have a lynch mob mentality going on here. I am sure many lions and hundreds if not thousands of other "big game" are shot in Africa every year. Why is THIS guy singled out as a guy who should be vilified? I mean guys have been mounting the animals they have hunted for hundreds of years...

Edited by ggclfan

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 100% fine with taking wild game. I'm not ok with killing game just to be killing.

Out of curiosity, Do you trophy hunt or only hunt for food? Do you catch and release those monster sharks you haul in?

Out of curiosity, Do you trophy hunt or only hunt for food? Do you catch and release those monster sharks you haul in?

I don't believe in trophy hunting. If I kill something, it was trying to attack me or I ate it.

Yes, I catch and release the sharks. I have kept 2 sharks ever and they were cooked up on the grill.

I don't believe in trophy hunting. If I kill something, it was trying to attack me or I ate it.

Yes, I catch and release the sharks. I have kept 2 sharks ever and they were cooked up on the grill.

I figured that was your MO. Same for me.

Why do you believe if someone is trophy hunting the animal doesn't get eaten?

I highly doubt that this piece of crap "hunter" ate a lion, leopard or rhino.

I'm just talking in general. And to be fair we have no clue what this "piece of crap" did/does with his kills. Again, animals taken on hunts in Africa generally end up going to the locals.

I'm just talking in general. And to be fair we have no clue what this "piece of crap" did/does with his kills. Again, animals taken on hunts in Africa generally end up going to the locals.

I don't know about anyone else, but big kitty steaks just doesn't sound very appetizing to me.:puke:

10687895_928964583837039_1035184472211309223_o.jpg

Whether the above picture is relevant is up for debate. But I figured I'd post it anyways.

Regardless of that photo, the fact that PETA came out and said this dentist should be hanged is outrageous. Imagine if a pro-life advocate said that about a Planned Parenthood doctor. Unbelievable double standard.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51653[/ATTACH]

Whether the above picture is relevant is up for debate. But I figured I'd post it anyways.

Regardless of that photo, the fact that PETA came out and said this dentist should be hanged is outrageous. Imagine if a pro-life advocate said that about a Planned Parenthood doctor. Unbelievable double standard.

That's sad. Predictable but sad.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51653[/ATTACH]

It's absolutely relevant.