Rare Lion Killed by American Dentist

hoops5

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was racial.

Ok...I wasn't going to open the comedy box....but now that it's open.

I think this was retaliation. The lion's have been congregating around the site of Cecil's slaying and several prominent lion kings have made speeches...most notably: Obama bin Lion, and several lion actors including Leo Dicapitatino.

Ok...I wasn't going to open the comedy box....but now that it's open.

I think this was retaliation. The lion's have been congregating around the site of Cecil's slaying and several prominent lion kings have made speeches...most notably: Obama bin Lion, and several lion actors including Leo Dicapitatino.

Oh, doomer, you've thought about this for a while. :clap:

You know everything is right in the world when a lion's life is worth more than a humans....smh

Why do you think that?

Are we going to go back around the right-to-life topic....been there done that last week. What interests me is WHY anytime someone fights for animal's rights because they care about that, that someone automatically jumps in that they are valued over human life. It is tiring and stupid. Which one are you?

Actually, speaking from a financial standpoint, the media deemed that the story of the human getting killed was worth less than the lion getting killed. The Media makes money by drawing an audience. The attention given to a subject in the media is directly correlated to the amount of money it will bring to the station. So, the media determined that the story of the lion being killed was more valuable than than the story of the human getting killed, as seen by the extensive coverage given to the lion, compared to the very minimal coverage given to the human. More coverage=more money.

I hope that explains why it seems that in this case the lion was more valuable than the human, and also explains that I am neither tired, nor stupid. I would advise to you go back and reflect on your assessment of me being tired or stupid, and tell me if you come to a different conclusion.

Actually, speaking from a financial standpoint, the media deemed that the story of the human getting killed was worth less than the lion getting killed. The Media makes money by drawing an audience. The attention given to a subject in the media is directly correlated to the amount of money it will bring to the station. So, the media determined that the story of the lion being killed was more valuable than than the story of the human getting killed, as seen by the extensive coverage given to the lion, compared to the very minimal coverage given to the human. More coverage=more money.

I hope that explains why it seems that in this case the lion was more valuable than the human, and also explains that I am neither tired, nor stupid. I would advise to you go back and reflect on your assessment of me being tired or stupid, and tell me if you come to a different conclusion.

Probably neither....and I appreciate the explanation of your correlation of media coverage of events. Having been an animal advocate for a long time, I have probably an oversensitivity due to the fact that I can't even begin to count how many times in the course of these efforts that others, especially government representatives quickly point out when discussing animal advocacy..to quote one "well I have a lady here that can't afford her cell-phone bill" when asked why a higher proportion of the county budget couldn't be allocated to the disgraceful animal control department. Then, there are those who will quickly presume when they find out I, or others, are involved in DOW, HSUS or ASCPA that we aren't involved or donate even more money to "human" causes. Lastly, it is frustrating when a thread where someone does advocate for a wildlife cause quickly becomes, as this one did, a debate on abortion or otherwise, and those that care about animals are intentionally shamed because they care. So you can tell me if you fit any of those descriptions, but based on your explanation I will conclude that you don't.

• 2 weeks later...