August 1, 201511 yr The gun shouldn't have been out. At that point, Tensing is responsible for what happens. I'm not buying it was an accidental shot. If that was the case, Tensing would have said as much in the moments afterwards. I agree with you it would be a poor reaction on his part, as I've said all along. I just never thought of it accidentally discharging as a result of everything was was happening. Not even saying I think that's what happened. It just truly hadn't crossed my mind.
August 1, 201511 yr I thought about that as well, but from the distance that he was at, I don't think it is as big of a deal as it normally would be. I could be totally wrong, though. I just wish that everyone, here and in the public, would not crucify this guy before he gets a "fair" trial. Mr. DuBose was not a solid citizen. HOWEVER, that totally doesn't justify a cop putting a bullet in his head. Tensing is not a terrible person, and I think his track record shows that. It is a tragic situation where this young officer probably panicked, and he will have his day in court. The rest of us should feel sorrow for the victim and the suspect, in my opinion. Does anyone think that there is a chance a plea deal is agreed on? Just curious on the question, from Deters press conference I would be surprised to see any type of a deal offered. Watch the video on Buzzfeed.com from May 2014 Temsing pulled 2 UC students over and basically did the same thing but they video taped it and knew the law.
August 1, 201511 yr Traffic stop video of 2 UC students took after Temsing pulled them over in May of 2014. Warning: Language Edited August 1, 201511 yr by Colonels_Wear_Blue Added language warning and embedded video
August 3, 201511 yr The coroners office tested the contents of the gin bottle produced out of the car by Sam DuBose during the traffic stop. The contents tested negative for ethyl alcohol, and the instead were something along the line of the typed of chemicals used in air fresheners and perfumes. Does that add any kind of twist? Do people try to drink or huff air fresheners/perfumes for a buzz? Coroner's office identifies contents in Sam DuBose's gin bottle | Local News - WLWT Home
August 3, 201511 yr The coroners office tested the contents of the gin bottle produced out of the car by Sam DuBose during the traffic stop. The contents tested negative for ethyl alcohol, and the instead were something along the line of the typed of chemicals used in air fresheners and perfumes. Does that add any kind of twist? Do people try to drink or huff air fresheners/perfumes for a buzz? Coroner's office identifies contents in Sam DuBose's gin bottle | Local News - WLWT Home What was in the bottle is irrelevant.
August 3, 201511 yr Does that add any kind of twist? From the video it's clear Dubose did some very dumb things, but whether he was sober or high (and he did appear to be somewhat out of it) doesn't necessarily change whether the shooting was justifiable. Though, I think if this goes to trial then Dubose's criminal history and the contents of that bottle will be major components of the defense's strategy. It will likely be nasty.
August 3, 201511 yr The coroners office tested the contents of the gin bottle produced out of the car by Sam DuBose during the traffic stop. The contents tested negative for ethyl alcohol, and the instead were something along the line of the typed of chemicals used in air fresheners and perfumes. Does that add any kind of twist? Do people try to drink or huff air fresheners/perfumes for a buzz? Coroner's office identifies contents in Sam DuBose's gin bottle | Local News - WLWT Home Comments I have been reading states to mask the smell of marijuana. It didn't state how much was in the car but I have heard 2 lbs. Not sure if that is rumor or not. But again, doesn't really matter from the video we saw.
August 3, 201511 yr Dubose's family is starting the process of suing the city...no surprise there. My question is who gets the proceeds? I am not trying to be funny here. I am serious. I have heard he has anywhere from 10 -20 kids with about that many women so who gets the money? Or does it go to his parents since I don't think he is married. I can envision lawsuits being filed by the mothers of his kids to get "their fair share"...
August 3, 201511 yr Question for our former/current LEO's on here...are officers required to file any sort of report each time they draw their weapon - whether it's fired or not?
August 4, 201511 yr Dubose's family is starting the process of suing the city...no surprise there. My question is who gets the proceeds? I am not trying to be funny here. I am serious. I have heard he has anywhere from 10 -20 kids with about that many women so who gets the money? Or does it go to his parents since I don't think he is married. I can envision lawsuits being filed by the mothers of his kids to get "their fair share"... My guess is his estate would get the money. From there it would depend on if he had a will. If not then I beleive his kids would get an even split. im not lawyer so may be way off.
August 4, 201511 yr Author Why is the family suing the city? UC police force was involved. Not the city ?
August 4, 201511 yr Author Why is the family suing the city? UC police force was involved. Not the city ? I think the Enquirer answered my question this morning. Since it happened in the city and the city had an agreement with the university police to allow them to patrol, I could see where they could be involved.
August 4, 201511 yr Dubose's family is starting the process of suing the city...no surprise there. My question is who gets the proceeds? I am not trying to be funny here. I am serious. I have heard he has anywhere from 10 -20 kids with about that many women so who gets the money? Or does it go to his parents since I don't think he is married. I can envision lawsuits being filed by the mothers of his kids to get "their fair share"... Article today said they will be suing on behalf of the mother who wants to be put in charge of the estate. Sounds like what Woodsrider, the money would go to estate, Mother is in charge of the estate to divy the money up between beneficiaries. My guess there would be some lawsuits on that end as everyone would be wanting to get their piece unless there was a will.
August 4, 201511 yr Comments I have been reading states to mask the smell of marijuana. It didn't state how much was in the car but I have heard 2 lbs. Not sure if that is rumor or not. But again, doesn't really matter from the video we saw. If true, it may explain why DuBose didn't want to get out of the car and seemed to attempt to drive away. 2 lbs is a lot of weed and probably gets one quite a bit of jail time.
August 4, 201511 yr If 2 pounds was found in the car it would have been out there in the media by now.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.