Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC cops kills man.

Featured Replies

And so begins the attack on Dubose's character, which is far from solid. It's the ONLY tool the defense will have but there is no way that it will be enough. Toxicology will also be another cloud.

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 115k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I haven't see a prosecutor go off like he did. Calling it the worst thing in 30 years on the job that he's seen, saying Tensing should've never been a cop, that a Tazer wasn't even warranted in this situation, etc...

 

.

 

I'm wondering if part of his going off was to keep the town at peace? I thought he did a great job delivering his message. Than I also realized he is a politician whose job is determined by the voters. I'm sure the powers to be at the city agreed with him to deliver the message like he did.

Curious as to how his relationship will be with any upcoming cases with UC cops?

Eh, at the end of the day Deters is a politician and cranked up the rhetoric for what was a nationally reported press conference (as an aside, no one seems to care that prosecutors are necessarily politicians, except in cases like these). But, I don't know what circumstances would lead to a prosecutor to offer a plea deal in both/either a high-profile case and/or a murder case, especially if he believes he will win.* And conversely, would Tensing take any deal offered to him, particularly one that sends him to jail, or would he rather try his fate with a jury?

 

*And just to tack on here, it's my understanding prosecutors offer deals because they don't have the resources to effectively try every single case and because it hedges their statistics for getting convictions (pleading guilty to a lesser crime still goes in the "win" column for a prosecutor). These incentives don't seem to apply in a high-level case like this.

 

He's been around for quite a while, almost makes you wonder if he saw this as an opportunity. He could appeal to a lot of folks with that one press conference then let his record speak for it's self with the others. I could definitely see him running for a new office in the very near future.

Has anyone been able to find a list of the 60+ offenses Mr. Dubos had against the community? Like many have said it really doesn't matter, I'm just curious.

That'd be impressive.

 

I almost pulled that off one time in Grand Theft Auto.... I came up just short.

IF you're the defense attorney (and I hear he is really good) isn't your ultimate goal to minimize how many years Officer Tensing goes to prison? That murder charge may prove difficult for Mr Deters as juries are hesitant to go that far with an officer of the law. However, I just can't see any way they see that video and completely let him walk free.

 

As I've said, it will be a fascinating trial.

 

I can see a few. Not in any way saying that's what happened or that them allowing him to walk would be justified. But all a defense attorney has to do is enter a possible feeling of doubt. Just enough to make people understand that it's not 100% cut and dry, they're all going to agree it shouldn't have happened.

 

I think the defense attorney will try Dubose just as much as the prosecution is trying Tensing.

  • Author
Dubose's family is starting the process of suing the city...no surprise there. My question is who gets the proceeds? I am not trying to be funny here. I am serious. I have heard he has anywhere from 10 -20 kids with about that many women so who gets the money? Or does it go to his parents since I don't think he is married. I can envision lawsuits being filed by the mothers of his kids to get "their fair share"...

When this type of law suit is filed how do they determine the value? Though some is punitive, don't they often use an equation of the value of the deceased potential earnings? What profession was Mr. Dubose working in? I haven't heard much about it. With all those kids, just wondering how much each could potentially get? Do they each get social security until they are 18 as well?

It doesn't play in to the case at all. Even if he had 100lbs of marijuana and dead body in the trunk, the officer has no justification from what I can tell from the video.

 

It does point out a chicken crap stop for a missing front license plate leads to other charges.

Exactly...

When this type of law suit is filed how do they determine the value? Though some is punitive, don't they often use an equation of the value of the deceased potential earnings? What profession was Mr. Dubose working in? I haven't heard much about it. With all those kids, just wondering how much each could potentially get? Do they each get social security until they are 18 as well?

 

Well he had $2600 and 2 lbs of weed in his car. It sounds like he was making a lot of money....

Plea deal, some degree of manslaughter...less than 20 to serve

 

Agree! I don't think he will given a Murder charge. Do I think the Cop deserves Murder for what he did at this traffic stop? Probably, but I think Dubose past history plays a part in this situation. I really do! There is more to Dubose's story than we are being told.....IMO!

Agree! I don't think he will given a Murder charge. Do I think the Cop deserves Murder for what he did at this traffic stop? Probably, but I think Dubose past history plays a part in this situation. I really do! There is more to Dubose's story than we are being told.....IMO!

What does any of that have to do with the 2 minute interaction that lead to his death?

What does any of that have to do with the 2 minute interaction that lead to his death?

 

We won't know until it goes to trial.

What does any of that have to do with the 2 minute interaction that lead to his death?

Based on what I know, nothing. He could of had 10 hacked up bodies in the truck and it didn't change what was on the video or what Tensing knew.

What does any of that have to do with the 2 minute interaction that lead to his death?

 

It doesn't but................

 

I'm out!

We won't know until it goes to trial.

 

His past history and contents of cash/weed in the car have nothing to do with that happened.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.