Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC cops kills man.

Featured Replies

By all accounts, Mr. Dubose was never a violent offender, but there may have been something in his history that could explain why he felt the need to draw his gun in the first place.

 

Like being born black?

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 115k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like being born black?

 

Nice cheap shot. No where in my post did I mention race. If you knew me, you would not have said that.

 

In my line of work I deal with all kinds of people, including those with a history of threatening behavior and some with extensive history of violence. Some are unpredictable depending on what drugs they have in their system. Most of the people I work with are not like that. However, if I know that I will be working with a violent person, my approach to them is different than someone with no history.

 

I am not saying Mr. Dubose was violent, as my post said. I was asking that IF the police knew something about him that the public didn't, their approach to him might be different than their approach to someone else...BLACK OR WHITE?

In that case I could see a criminal history being allowed.

Nice cheap shot. No where in my post did I mention race. If you knew me, you would not have said that.

 

My response wasn't directed at YOU, it was directed at the officer in question.

I'm shocked this is going to trial. Would've bet a lot of money that he and his lawyers would've went the plea deal route.

I'm shocked this is going to trial. Would've bet a lot of money that he and his lawyers would've went the plea deal route.

 

I normally would agree with you but in this case I dont. I dont see him getting convicted of the charges brought against him.

I normally would agree with you but in this case I dont. I dont see him getting convicted of the charges brought against him.

 

Of course you don't. You think anyone that disobeys an order from a police officer should be executed on the spot.

  • Author
What defense is the officer claiming?

 

Self defense is my guess.

  • Author
I'm shocked this is going to trial. Would've bet a lot of money that he and his lawyers would've went the plea deal route.

 

Not sure the politician Deters offered a deal?

  • Author
I normally would agree with you but in this case I dont. I dont see him getting convicted of the charges brought against him.

 

He would walk if I was on the jury. The criminal tried to put the car in gear as the officer was leaning into the car.

He would walk if I was on the jury. The criminal tried to put the car in gear as the officer was leaning into the car.

 

Least shocking post ever.

 

Anyone with the title of "Officer" would walk regardless of what they did if you were on the jury.

Self defense is my guess.
If true, it seems that would be a very hard thing to argue based on the video.
  • Author
The video quickly discredits that.

 

It all depends on what angle you viewed the video from. I viewed it from the right and you viewed it from the left. I don't think we will ever view a cop video from the same angle.

It all depends on what angle you viewed the video from. I viewed it from the right and you viewed it from the left. I don't think we will ever view a cop video from the same angle.

 

Probably not. You always think an officer's actions are completely justified.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.