Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC cops kills man.

Featured Replies

You didn't have to say it. Your past comments are enough to go on.

 

Ive never said disobey and order and be killed, never.

 

I have said if someone was a threat, you have to eliminate that threat. Simply disobeying an order does not equal a threat. Disobeying an order plus X, Y, Z and such does.

 

At the moment the suspect put his car back into gear, he became a threat not only to the officer, but anyone in the area. Its very clear in the video that the suspect was not going to be detained easily.

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 115k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ive never said disobey and order and be killed, never.

 

I have said if someone was a threat, you have to eliminate that threat. Simply disobeying an order does not equal a threat. Disobeying an order plus X, Y, Z and such does.

 

At the moment the suspect put his car back into gear, he became a threat not only to the officer, but anyone in the area. Its very clear in the video that the suspect was not going to be detained easily.

 

You've said people that stomp on or burn the American flag should be though. You've also never felt an officer involved shooting was unjustified.

  • Author
Pretty scary to know people on here feel like disobeying an officer is justification for a death sentence, isn't it?

 

Who said that?

Of all these recent videos of police shootings this one seems to be the most damning. Not including the one from South Carolina, I believe it was, where the cop shot the guy in the back running away.

 

Yes, people should always obey officers commands. Yes, people shouldn't break the law. Neither of these things are a defense for shooting someone on their own.

 

I watch the video and have a hard time believing the officer didn't just screw up and shoot on accident. It's the only defense I see. The victim may have been a serial killer, but based solely on the video there was zero justification to pull the trigger.

Of all these recent videos of police shootings this one seems to be the most damning. Not including the one from South Carolina, I believe it was, where the cop shot the guy in the back running away.

Yes, people should always obey officers commands. Yes, people shouldn't break the law. Neither of these things are a defense for shooting someone on their own.

 

I watch the video and have a hard time believing the officer didn't just screw up and shoot on accident. It's the only defense I see. The victim may have been a serial killer, but based solely on the video there was zero justification to pull the trigger.

 

Guess which two posters were defending that officer?

Who said that?

 

While not explicitly, you might as well have. You'd "make sure this guy walked" and your past posts in these threads, see the SC officer, leave no doubt where you stand on officer involved shootings.

  • Author
And if the officer doesn't execute him, he'd have a chance to prove his guilt.

 

Let's be honest. You'll never say an officer involved shooting was unjustified.

 

VERY rare when I do. And like wise, you always think the poor victim did nothing wrong. It is our different DNAs that allow us to view these instances in different ways. I'm cool with that. And I have sympathy for the cops that have to put their lives on the line every day facing hoodlums who have no respect for authority.

VERY rare when I do. And like wise, you always think the poor victim did nothing wrong. It is our different DNAs that allow us to view these instances in different ways. I'm cool with that. And I have sympathy for the cops that have to put their lives on the line every day facing hoodlums who have no respect for authority.

 

He has NEVER said any of victims did nothing wrong.

 

His point has ALWAYS been that resisting or fleeing doesn't automatically justify a police officer killing someone. It doesn't. You disagree with that, clearly.

I want to be clear on my stance. I fully believe the officer has his right to a trial. My comments are more towards what viable defense could he have based on the video. IMO, someone putting their car in gear to run from the police does not make that person a deadly threat and sure doesn't justify being shot.

 

It will be interesting to see if there is some evidence that hasn't been released yet. Otherwise I would think the defense would have tried to plead this out. Of course that would also depend on the prosecution willingness to deal.

VERY rare when I do. And like wise, you always think the poor victim did nothing wrong. It is our different DNAs that allow us to view these instances in different ways. I'm cool with that. And I have sympathy for the cops that have to put their lives on the line every day facing hoodlums who have no respect for authority.

 

Not true at all.

 

The LA case, I blamed the father for putting his child in that type of situation, until video came out.

 

The recent shooting where the deceased went back to his car and came back out with a gun, I changed my tune when that information came out.

 

The unstable guy that used his e-cig as a gun, I had no issue with the officers actions.

 

The kid who was running from cops then tried to pull a toy gun on them, I had no issue with the cops actions.

 

My point has always been, it is very very unlikely IMO that a shooting is justified if an unarmed individual is shot and killed.

  • Author
While not explicitly, you might as well have. You'd "make sure this guy walked" and your past posts in these threads, see the SC officer, leave no doubt where you stand on officer involved shootings.

 

Not Explicitly? Thanks. I'll take that as an apology.

And by your last post I do see you do side with the cops.

and your view has not waivered on any cop shooting either.

 

Lies.

and your view has not waivered on any cop shooting either.

 

Wrong again.

  • Author
He has NEVER said any of victims did nothing wrong.

 

His point has ALWAYS been that resisting or fleeing doesn't automatically justify a police officer killing someone. It doesn't. You disagree with that, clearly.

 

I'm pretty sure Ukmustangfan can speak for himself. He is doing a pretty good job of it this morning.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.