November 1, 20169 yr Author Jury: 6 white men 4 white women 2 black women 2010 census had the following ratio in Hamilton co. 68% Caucasian 25% AA 2% Asian 2.6 % Hispanic rest = other Not the %'s I would have guessed.
November 1, 20169 yr Author The accused has all the peers he wants on the jury. The dead man has none. Not very fair and impartial. So a person has to be black to be Dubois' peer?
November 1, 20169 yr Not into trusting a jury of his peers? Whose peers? Because they aren't the peers of the deceased.
November 1, 20169 yr So a person has to be black to be Dubois' peer? Well, if you had shot and killed a black man, what would you prefer...a jury with 6 white men and no black me, or a jury with 6 black men and no white men?
November 1, 20169 yr Of all these recent videos of police shootings this one seems to be the most damning. Not including the one from South Carolina, I believe it was, where the cop shot the guy in the back running away. Yes, people should always obey officers commands. Yes, people shouldn't break the law. Neither of these things are a defense for shooting someone on their own. I watch the video and have a hard time believing the officer didn't just screw up and shoot on accident. It's the only defense I see. The victim may have been a serial killer, but based solely on the video there was zero justification to pull the trigger. Very much agree.
November 1, 20169 yr However, I also believe that looking at the racial makeup of the jury and drawing conclusions based solely on skin color...isn't that what we're trying to avoid?
November 1, 20169 yr However, I also believe that looking at the racial makeup of the jury and drawing conclusions based solely on skin color...isn't that what we're trying to avoid? Do you think this will be a fair jury for this trial?
November 1, 20169 yr Do you think this will be a fair jury for this trial? I have no idea & I don't know how anyone could know that
November 1, 20169 yr I have no idea & I don't know how anyone could know that Kind of hard to judge someone when you only know their race and gender.
November 1, 20169 yr Kind of hard to judge someone when you only know their race and gender. Yet it happens all the time to people in the black community.
November 1, 20169 yr Well, if you had shot and killed a black man, what would you prefer...a jury with 6 white men and no black me, or a jury with 6 black men and no white men? Does the prosecution get to pick or dismiss jurors or only the defense? If this is the make up, does that mean the prosecution did a bad job of picking a jury or does the percentages of whites to African Americans in Hamilton County play a big role in the jury? Either way, it's going to be a interesting in Cincinnati for a couple weeks.
November 1, 20169 yr Just so I'm clear, we should only allow black jurors for trials of black people and white jurors for trial of white people? More specifically white men should only have white male jurors, black men should have only black male jurors, ect...? What about bi-racial defendants? Left hand folks? Those evil red heads? Irish? Jewish?
November 1, 20169 yr Just so I'm clear, we should only allow black jurors for trials of black people and white jurors for trial of white people? More specifically white men should only have white male jurors, black men should have only black male jurors, ect...? What about bi-racial defendants? Left hand folks? Those evil red heads? Irish? Jewish? Not at all. In this case, for example, what would be wrong with: 3 White Males 3 Black Males 3 White Females 3 Black Females Any trial that is race related should ALWAYS be as neutral as possible in the jury box. JMO.
November 1, 20169 yr Not at all. In this case, for example, what would be wrong with: 3 White Males 3 Black Males 3 White Females 3 Black Females Any trial that is race related should ALWAYS be as neutral as possible in the jury box. JMO. Unless you're ready to scrap the juror selection process all together and start over what your asking is impossible.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.