Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC cops kills man.

Featured Replies

Juror color or not, UC already settled for 5 million dollars and changed patrol policy on top of an apology and an on campus memorial. I couldn't get that out of my head as a juror.

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 115k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Juror color or not, UC already settled for 5 million dollars and changed patrol policy on top of an apology and an on campus memorial. I couldn't get that out of my head as a juror.

 

I'm sure Deters will remind them that is not a factor.

I don't follow. Do people believe Deters doesn't want a prosecution?

 

IDK.

  • Author
Juror color or not, UC already settled for 5 million dollars and changed patrol policy on top of an apology and an on campus memorial. I couldn't get that out of my head as a juror.

Civil cases and criminal cases are different. Just ask OJ Simpson.

IDK.

 

Then I don't get your question about my response.

Then I don't get your question about my response.

 

I don't know why people are already upset with the jury based on their race, unless they think the prosecution is trying to throw it, or hm didn't do a good job selecting a jury.

I don't know why people are already upset with the jury based on their race, unless they think the prosecution is trying to throw it, or hm didn't do a good job selecting a jury.

 

 

Gotcha. Probably more of a case of us not fully getting how the process works.

Wow. Seems like a big stretch.

 

Then why are people arguing the race of the jurors? If the prosecution got to strike the same number of jurors as the defense and got to ask questions to the potential jurors, why are people saying the jury is slanted to Tensing?

I would say society and the general public "decides" when issues are racial.

So we are going to poll the general public any time a case might be racial?

Civil cases and criminal cases are different. Just ask OJ Simpson.

 

Nobody put up a memorial, issued an apology and agreed to pay for children's college tuition in that case.

  • Author
Nobody put up a memorial, issued an apology and agreed to pay for children's college tuition in that case.

 

He was acquitted on the Criminal charges and ordered to pay $25mm in the civil. That would cover a memorial and tuition for ALL of Debuos kids.

2010 census had the following ratio in Hamilton co.

68% Caucasian

25% AA

2% Asian

2.6 % Hispanic

rest = other

 

Not the %'s I would have guessed.

 

What surprises you?

 

Any trial that is race related should ALWAYS be as neutral as possible in the jury box. JMO.

So we're clear, based on that statement, and on the record, you're 100% positive he only shot him because he was black?
  • Author
What surprises you?

 

I would have thought both the Hispanic and AA % may have been higher. Not familiar with the boundaries of Hamilton County to see what all areas are Included though.

He was acquitted on the Criminal charges and ordered to pay $25mm in the civil. That would cover a memorial and tuition for ALL of Debuos kids.

 

Did he ever pay much of that? This is coming from a university. Plus this settlement was well before the criminal trial. UC had their checkbook out right after they saw the video.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.