Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC cops kills man.

Featured Replies

I'm done with it man. Not the first time.

 

Wow. Hang in there.

 

Can someone else point out where I caused 41's reaction?

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 115k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know nothing of Ohio law and maybe there is a reason for it to be murder charge. But it seems like prosecutors have been way over charging in these cases.

 

IMO, looking at the video he screwed up bad. Whether it was accidental or just a bad decision but I don't believe it was murder.

 

Over charging is what had a lot of folks unhappy with Deters when the charges came. A lot of folks felt he was ambiguous and politically motivated.

 

Fast forward, if Deters doesn't get a conviction there will be a lot of detractors saying he went after something he shouldn't have. On purpose.

Wow. Hang in there.

 

You should. You've survived this long with those slanted views backed by bloodlines that you recite so often.

Thought I read an article that they filed murder and voluntary manslaughter charges against him.

 

I think the jury will pass on the murder, but convict on the manslaughter. Just my opinion.

Thought I read an article that they filed murder and voluntary manslaughter charges against him.

 

I think the jury will pass on the murder, but convict on the manslaughter. Just my opinion.

 

 

Looked it up. You are correct.

Wow. Hang in there.

 

Can someone else point out where I caused 41's reaction?

 

I don't think anyone, maybe not even himself, has a clue what he's talking about.

You should. You've survived this long with those slanted views backed by bloodlines that you recite so often.

 

 

Bloodlines? Am I a fortunate son? A prince? A blue blood?

Thought I read an article that they filed murder and voluntary manslaughter charges against him.

 

I think the jury will pass on the murder, but convict on the manslaughter. Just my opinion.

 

I could definitely see that. Would probably be the most just way of resolving the case.

Offc Tensing said it was not an accident. Self defense.

 

Then it's murder. The video shows it wasn't self-defense quite clearly.
Then it was a bad decision. I still can't make out murder but again I don't know what the prerequisite is in Ohio to make out murder.
Then it's murder. The video shows it wasn't self-defense quite clearly.

 

I'm not a Tensing fan but I understand where it becomes confusing for a lot of folks. This is where things get cloudy for me because of it being in Ohio. The term mens rea is common in controversial court cases. It comes down to a jury believing whether or not Tensing meant to kill the victim or stop the perceived threat. What was his intent leading up to that trigger being pulled. Everything, the traffic stop, the encounter, everything prior to that moment.

 

The prosecution will say he fired a gun at the victims head, point blank, how could anyone not think that would result in a death.

 

The defense will say it was a reaction, perhaps even human error but that he was trying to stop a threat to both himself and potentially others.

Thought I read an article that they filed murder and voluntary manslaughter charges against him.

 

I think the jury will pass on the murder, but convict on the manslaughter. Just my opinion.

 

That's what I'm thinking as well. Also wondering how common that is in Ohio.

Bloodlines? Am I a fortunate son? A prince? A blue blood?

 

I dunno man, but this has been fun.

I'm not a Tensing fan!but I Understand where it becomes confusing for a lot of folks. This is where things get cloudy for me because of it being in Ohio. The term mens rea is common in controversial court cases. It comes down to a jury believing whether or not Tensing meant to kill the victim or stop the perceived threat.

 

The prosecution will say he fired a gun at the victim point blank, how could anyone not think that would result in a death.

 

The defense will say it was a reaction, perhaps even human error but that he was trying to stop a threat to both himself and potentially others.

 

He said it wasn't an accident. That tells me it was done purposefully and with intent. IMO, the video disproves his self-defense claim.

In Ohio, murder is when someone purposefully causes the death of another.

 

Voluntary manslaughter is done "under the sudden influence of passion" or killing without thinking.

IMO that testimony and the way you interpret it is on his defense attorney. Probably could've been worded differently. I believe(my opinion only) they intended it to be perceived as he did intentionally fire his weapon(again don't think he should have) because he felt a threat.

 

Regardless of the outcome, a lot of LEO's will and have seen the body cam video in training as a result. It's a shame that a man lost his life, hopefully we all learn from it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.