Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC cops kills man.

Featured Replies

He said it wasn't an accident. That tells me it was done purposefully and with intent. IMO, the video disproves his self-defense claim.

 

Agree. I think most jurors will get past the claim that his life was in danger. But, I can see more of them willing to go with "gun pulled, car moved, gun went off, all without much thinking happening in that millisecond" versus "I'm going to kill you". I don't think they'll want to say with no doubt that they knew what Tensing was actually thinking when he drew the gun. Which is why I'll say they fall back on the manslaughter charge.

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 115k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMO that testimony and the way you interpret it is on his defense attorney. Probably could've been worded differently. I believe(my opinion only) they intended it to be perceived as he did intentionally fire his weapon(again don't think he should have) because he felt a threat.

 

.

 

That's their case. Self-defense because he feared for his life because he was being dragged.

 

Problem is the video and the testimony of the expert. Defense attorney had a really tough job to try to discredit him. It didn't work.

 

I am curious to see what defense he presents when defense takes over. He seems to have an uphill battle.

That's their case. Self-defense because he feared for his life because he was being dragged.

 

Problem is the video and the testimony of the expert. Defense attorney had a really tough job to try to discredit him. It didn't work.

 

I am curious to see what defense he presents when defense takes over. He seems to have an uphill battle.

 

I wonder if they'll have their own video "expert".

  • Author
That's their case. Self-defense because he feared for his life because he was being dragged.

 

Problem is the video and the testimony of the expert. Defense attorney had a really tough job to try to discredit him. It didn't work.

 

I am curious to see what defense he presents when defense takes over. He seems to have an uphill battle.

 

From your post #918 I think the fact that the prosecution confirmed the car was moving prior to the shooting could help Tensing. Even though it was not moving left towards him. I'm sure the prosecution says he was trying to avoid him and the defense will say the opposite.

I wonder if they'll have their own video "expert".

 

Good question. Challenge seems to be that the prosecution's expert was so detailed and clear that unless someone proves he doctored the tape somehow I'm not sure how the next expert is going to be able to overcome what's already in the mind of the jurors.

 

You could see the challenge just by the line of questioning by the defense attorney in cross examination. How much are you getting paid? Were you there? Did you go to the site? Red herring to get people to look away from the tape.

From your post #918 I think the fact that the prosecution confirmed the car was moving prior to the shooting could help Tensing. Even though it was not moving left towards him. I'm sure the prosecution says he was trying to avoid him and the defense will say the opposite.

 

You saw that in the questioning by the defense attorney in cross examination. Challenge is that a)the expert was clear that at most it was at most a couple of feet b)there was no squealing of the tires and c)Offc Tensing was not in a position to be dragged.

Confederate flag on undershirt you're wearing on the day you shoot a black guy. Ouch.

Confederate flag on undershirt you're wearing on the day you shoot a black guy. Ouch.

 

Good thing there aren't any black men on the jury to be disturbed by that.

Good thing there aren't any black men on the jury to be disturbed by that.

 

True.

  • Author
Good thing there aren't any black men on the jury to be disturbed by that.

 

I'm guessing the Great Smokey mountains aren't a popular place for African Americans?

I'm guessing the Great Smokey mountains aren't a popular place for African Americans?

 

I'm sure he was wearing the undershirt to express his pride for his southern heritage - you know..home cooking, fresh squeezed lemonade, warm and gracious hosts..that type of thing.

A juror is refusing to return after the break over safety concerns about her identity.

A juror is refusing to return after the break over safety concerns about her identity.

 

Huh? That seems odd.

A police chief from Idaho who is recognized as a use-of-force expert testified that Dubose did not pose a threat or serious harm to Offc Tensing at the time of the shooting. When asked by the defense if he thought the scene was "tense" the expert said it was but it was because of Offc Tensing's actions.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.