November 2, 20169 yr Author Did he ever pay much of that? This is coming from a university. Plus this settlement was well before the criminal trial. UC had their checkbook out right after they saw the video. Criminal versus cival cases are separate, A Point that you seem to be missing. Convincing a majority versus a reasonable doubt before 12 is different. And no, OJ ran out of money and I'm willing to bet UC doesn't end up paying for college for all of the criminal's kids either.
November 2, 20169 yr Criminal versus cival cases are separate, A Point that you seem to be missing. Convincing a majority versus a reasonable doubt before 12 is different. And no, OJ ran out of money and I'm willing to bet UC doesn't end up paying for college for all of the criminal's kids either. You just can't help yourself can you? :lol2: You keep referring to the victim as a "thug" and a "criminal" in this thread, what's next, referring to Tensing as a "victim"?
November 2, 20169 yr Author You just can't help yourself can you? :lol2: You keep referring to the victim as a "thug" and a "criminal" in this thread, what's next, referring to Tensing as a "victim"? The man had a rather long rap sheet. He was bringing up the settlement of the University as a reason to convict Tensing. Would you refer to him as a role model citizen?
November 2, 20169 yr Nobody put up a memorial, issued an apology and agreed to pay for children's college tuition in that case. Will they be able to bring up the civil settlement? I read they removed the memorial so the jury could not see it when they tour where it happened. And the settlement was with the University and not with Tensing. Edited November 2, 20169 yr by littleluck55
November 2, 20169 yr Author Will they be able to bring up the civil settlement? I read they removed the memorial so the jury could not see it when they tour where it happened. Wow! that's just crazy.
November 2, 20169 yr Criminal versus cival cases are separate, A Point that you seem to be missing. Convincing a majority versus a reasonable doubt before 12 is different. And no, OJ ran out of money and I'm willing to bet UC doesn't end up paying for college for all of the criminal's kids either. I'm willing to bet that you are 100% wrong. They will pay every last cent or give them a few million more after they are sued. Ono and UC got out in front of this mess like wise people do. They knew the outcome of it a long time ago like almost everyone else.
November 2, 20169 yr Will they be able to bring up the civil settlement? I read they removed the memorial so the jury could not see it when they tour where it happened. And the settlement was with the University and not with Tensing. The settlement was with his employer who tried to make a terrible decision by their employee go away.
November 2, 20169 yr Author I'm willing to bet that you are 100% wrong. They will pay every last cent or give them a few million more after they are sued. Ono and UC got out in front of this mess like wise people do. They knew the outcome of it a long time ago like almost everyone else. Before we make this wager, be sure to read my post again and think about it.
November 2, 20169 yr The settlement was with his employer who tried to make a terrible decision by their employee go away. I am not disagreeing, I was asking if it was admissible?
November 2, 20169 yr Yet it happens all the time to people in the black community. Correct if I'm wrong Deuce, but...isn't that exactly what you are doing here? Seems you are contending that, because the majority of the jury is white, the officer will be found not guilty based solely on the commonality of the defendants and the jurors skin color. Or am I reading something into you posts that isn't there?
November 2, 20169 yr Correct if I'm wrong Deuce, but...isn't that exactly what you are doing here? Seems you are contending that, because the majority of the jury is white, the officer will be found not guilty based solely on the commonality of the defendants and the jurors skin color. Or am I reading something into you posts that isn't there? HB seemed to be inferring that we shouldn't judge the jury based on them being mostly white. My point was, well why not, it happens to black people every day. And then he added that it happens to everyone, furthering my point.
November 2, 20169 yr HB seemed to be inferring that we shouldn't judge the jury based on them being mostly white. My point was, well why not, it happens to black people every day. And then he added that it happens to everyone, furthering my point. How does that make it ok?
November 3, 20169 yr How does that make it ok? In what world do you live in that this jury wouldn't be judged by the color of their skin like every other human being on this planet?
November 3, 20169 yr In what world do you live in that this jury wouldn't be judged by the color of their skin like every other human being on this planet? I never claimed it didn't happen, but you've suggested changing our legal process because you feel there are too many white people the jury....that's insane
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.