July 31, 201511 yr TY sir. He still has a family that's struggling too though(FYI that's not what I'd intended to say until I read your message and realized that) Glad he's single though..... kinda. As I posted either in this thread or another it broke my heart as a father to watch him walk in to give himself up with his father. Heartbreaking.
July 31, 201511 yr So do you believe if the victim would've listened to the officer and done as he asked, he would have still been shot? . 100% red herring. It's like saying after the officer in South Carolina was caught on film shooting a guy IN THE BACK as the victim was running away that "if he didn't run....." Doesn't change the fact that the officer is 100% at fault.
July 31, 201511 yr I just watched that and compared it to the actual video. A couple of things. 1. The parked car they use as proof that DuBose's car wasn't moving actually shows it was moving. In the two frames they use to try and say the car wasn't moving the parked car is in a different place. Here are the two images side by side. [ATTACH]51648[/ATTACH] 2. When showing the two above frames they show a frame of Tensing grabbing the seat belt and they say that is when the shot is fired. If you watch the regular speed video the shot is actually fired after that. The second frame in the pic above is closer to when the shot is fired. It's probably actually the frame after the second one above that the shot is fired. The point being made is that the shot was fired before the car took off. It moved what? Maybe a foot? The officer was not being dragged as he claimed and as his defense is claiming.
July 31, 201511 yr So do you believe if the victim would've listened to the officer and done as he asked, he would have still been shot? Let me be clear that I do agree that the officer definitely crossed the line and should not have even pulled his gun, however, had the victim listened to the officer and not attempted to start the car and flee this whole situation would have never came about. Based on the actions of Tensing in what was a very non-aggressive stop, I have no idea what could have happened. You said him "ignoring commands" made it dangerous, and I strongly disagree. Simply saying "no" (which is not what happened) does not make a situation dangerous. The actions following that are.
July 31, 201511 yr As he should be, unlike the victim I seriously doubt he will try to flee. He better enjoy his freedom, it won't last. And unlike the officer, the other guy can't post bail to get out, because he was murdered.
July 31, 201511 yr How common is it for a police officer to try and open a car door after giving commands for the occupant to exit? I would think that would be a last resort. And then reach in and try to grab the seat belt? Big mistakes made all around, the biggest by RT.
July 31, 201511 yr How common is it for a police officer to try and open a car door after giving commands for the occupant to exit? I would think that would be a last resort. And then reach in and try to grab the seat belt? Big mistakes made all around, the biggest by RT. I asked G that and he said it's not common.
July 31, 201511 yr That's what we were trying to figure out. :idunno: I agree that he never had a reason to pull the gun out in the first place, but once he did, I wonder if it is possible that he shot him by accident in the scuffle. I am not saying he should not be punished either way. It seems difficult for me to believe that he purposely shot the man in the head. Yours is one of the first thought processes that I could see as legit. I could understand a struggle and him grabbing the officers hand at which point he grabbed for his gun and it went off. Not gonna lie that had never really crossed my mind. But I could understand how it could happen. Dang.
July 31, 201511 yr I asked G that and he said it's not common. Yeah, usually what I have seen is the officer steps AWAY from the car and then directs the occupant to exit, which I would think is how PO's are trained. But not being one myself that's just speculation, but it makes sense to me to do it that way.
July 31, 201511 yr The point being made is that the shot was fired before the car took off. It moved what? Maybe a foot? The officer was not being dragged as he claimed and as his defense is claiming. I understand the point they were trying to make and IMO they weren't completely accurate with their assertion. I think you could see without taking it frame by frame that he car hadn't moved very far. There definitely wasn't enough time for it to drag him before he shot. I still maintain he was knocked off balance, fear set in and he thought he was going to be dragged so he shot. Or he accidentally shot and made up the story. Either way he messed up and will most likely have to pay for it.
July 31, 201511 yr That's what we were trying to figure out. :idunno: As I posted either in this thread or another it broke my heart as a father to watch him walk in to give himself up with his father. Heartbreaking. I read that and I understand. Although I can't even imagine.
July 31, 201511 yr Yours is one of the first thought processes that I could see as legit. I could understand a struggle and him grabbing the officers hand at which point he grabbed for his gun and it went off. Not gonna lie that had never really crossed my mind. But I could understand how it could happen. Dang. The gun shouldn't have been out. At that point, Tensing is responsible for what happens. I'm not buying it was an accidental shot. If that was the case, Tensing would have said as much in the moments afterwards.
July 31, 201511 yr I understand the point they were trying to make and IMO they weren't completely accurate with their assertion. I think you could see without taking it frame by frame that he car hadn't moved very far. There definitely wasn't enough time for it to drag him before he shot. I still maintain he was knocked off balance, fear set in and he thought he was going to be dragged so he shot. Or he accidentally shot and made up the story. Either way he messed up and will most likely have to pay for it. Your comment "fear set in and he thought..." is what will be the most interesting aspect of the trial to me. It is the seed that can be planted in the head of ONE juror that keeps him from life in prison.
July 31, 201511 yr Your comment "fear set in and he thought..." is what will be the most interesting aspect of the trial to me. It is the seed that can be planted in the head of ONE juror that keeps him from life in prison. I think he has to be convicted on something, however not having a clue of Ohio law I don't know what options are there. I think him drawing his gun created a situation that resulted in DuBoses' death.
July 31, 201511 yr Doesn't address whether or not UCPD are trained like CPD. Wonder if that was on purpose. Also, in Ohio you can be a private police officer, giving you powers such as arresting powers. Not saying the training is the same, but I know a lot of damned good officers at UC.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.