Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC cops kills man.

Featured Replies

The cars registration was in another person's name. Therefore the officer did not know the guys identity. Say he ran because he had a body in his trunk, I guess that would be ok since they would be able to locate the car, but would have no idea who the driver was?

 

You're reaching. We can what if all day long, but at the end of the day the officer was in the wrong. There was no reason for him to draw his weapon much less pull the trigger. He screwed up. Sad situation.

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 115k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not hitching to anything

 

Odds he goes free if there was video? 5%? Less???

Killed yes, murdered no.

 

"The purposeful killing of another". That is literally the statute he is charged under.

 

A gun at his head and the triggered pulled.

I'll hold my thoughts regarding this incident. Everything that possibly could've been said one way or another has been.

 

Again and again.

 

As much as I hate to admit it, I can be a reactive type person who doesn't always hold his tongue in situations when I think that i've got a legitimate point to make, but thankfully during any time that I've ever been pulled over by a police officer in the 30 some odd years that I've been driving, I've managed to keep my cool.

 

Some officers handle stops properly, and some do not. I have no control over that, but I do have control over myself. I certainly understand the urge to react if one is getting under my skin, but I just know that it's not going to work in my favor if I do.

 

Typically when you pay them your utmost respect, and let them control the situation, you can feel their appreciation of you cooperating, and more than not they''ll finish out the stop with a sense of respect towards you even if they have the propensity to be a jerk.

 

Even the biggest jerks have at least likely been trained to act properly and if you keep your cool, they'll likely also keep theirs, even if only because their egos have been fulfilled knowing that they could act out on their self serving need to be the control freak in the matter. You challenge that and the control freak is just going to freak some more.

 

Nothing serious has ever become of any stops that I've been involved in other than paying the fine, and even sometimes I've been released with a warning.

 

Most of the stops for me can fall under the Murphy's law theory where I might make a wrong move on the road that is totally out of character for me, and sure enough the one time that I do it, a police officer is there to see it. It bites, but I have to grin and bare it. The officer's not going to buy it if I say, OMG I never do stuff like that.

 

Even in situations where you completely feel that the officer is falsely accusing you of something, and although the court system could possibly fail you as well, it's still just best to appeal it later and let the chips fall where they may. The time to appeal is not when the officer is addressing you on the matter.

 

The protocols for car ownership, registration, a license, carrying one, having insurance, having proof of insurance are all pretty easy things to fulfill. If anyone is oblivious to these requirements, they need to make themselves aware, and abide by them.

 

These requirements are not put in place to mess with your freedoms, yet it's a system to have things run smoothly, just as are the rules of the road that are in place for safe driving, otherwise there would just be more chaos than there already is, which is painfully obvious regularly when displayed by motorists who fudge the rules everyday, and anyone with any sense can plainly see how dangerous those drivers on the road can be.

 

There are plenty of people who don't deserve to be on the road, and weeding them out is completely necessary. Personally I could report numerous people daily if I felt that there was an easy way in place to do it.

 

I just bet that many of you can relate to that when you see people blatantly break the rules of the road putting others in harms way because they're only concerned about their own agenda.

 

Unfortunately everyday the roads are occupied by people who have not followed the basic requirements to assure that they are legal motorists. Once you take to the road under these circumstances, you are opening the door to the possibility of having to pay the consequences of not following these requirements. If after dealing with that you continue to ignore requirements, you're just setting yourself up for even more deeper do do.

 

I imagine that just about everyone who posts here are responsible people who know what the rules are and follow them.

 

Those in society who don't seem to be forever playing the game of dodging, or running from the law.

 

Bottom line, if you just follow the rules, 99% of the time you will avoid complications, and if you happen to goof on the road, just follow the orders of the officer and chances are that the issue will soon be behind you.

 

The whole business of spending your life trying to work around the rules just never pays off, and just time and again keeps opening the door for more bad things to come.

You're reaching. We can what if all day long, but at the end of the day the officer was in the wrong. There was no reason for him to draw his weapon much less pull the trigger. He screwed up. Sad situation.

 

I'll agree that it's a sad situation and that we can "what if" all day long. You are speculating just as much as I am. In fact I'm not speculating, just trying to be objective. I agree the officer likely screwed up, he made a bad career choice, its a bad time to be a cop. It's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation as far as they are concerned right now. On the other hand, there is no question DuBouse screwed up. What he did is completely idiotic. He put himself, the officer and anyone near the area in imminent danger. Unfortunately it sounds like he had just turned his life around.

I'll agree that it's a sad situation and that we can "what if" all day long. You are speculating just as much as I am. In fact I'm not speculating, just trying to be objective. I agree the officer likely screwed up, he made a bad career choice, its a bad time to be a cop. It's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation as far as they are concerned right now. On the other hand, there is no question DuBouse screwed up. What he did is completely idiotic. He put himself, the officer and anyone near the area in imminent danger. Unfortunately it sounds like he had just turned his life around.

 

You claim you're trying to be objective and in the next breath state the officer "likely screwed up"?!?! :ohbrother:

Tensing posted bond and is out.

It really is sad. There is no justification for what happened AT ALL, yet some are trying their hardest.

I agree. I do feel bad for the officer who because of his lapse of judgement he not only killed a man but now he has also ruined his and his families life. I feel bad for him because being a police officer is thankless job in the first place and he never woke up that morning realizing he was going to rip two families apart for the rest of their lives.

 

He Is guilty period. That doesn't mean I can't feel bad for him just as I do Mr Dubose.

You claim you're trying to be objective and in the next breath state the officer "likely screwed up"?!?! :ohbrother:

 

By choosing that as his career path. You must have missed that part. It's a thankless job, that it now becoming a much more dangerous job that will put you in jail if you can't make live or die decisions accurately in a split second. You couldn't pay me enough to be a police officer right now.

Odds he goes free if there was video? 5%? Less???
why do you think that?
Tensing posted bond and is out.

 

As he should be, unlike the victim I seriously doubt he will try to flee.

  • Author
I'll hold my thoughts regarding this incident. Everything that possibly could've been said one way or another has been.

 

Again and again.

 

As much as I hate to admit it, I can be a reactive type person who doesn't always hold his tongue in situations when I think that i've got a legitimate point to make, but thankfully during any time that I've ever been pulled over by a police officer in the 30 some odd years that I've been driving, I've managed to keep my cool.

 

Some officers handle stops properly, and some do not. I have no control over that, but I do have control over myself. I certainly understand the urge to react if one is getting under my skin, but I just know that it's not going to work in my favor if I do.

 

Typically when you pay them your utmost respect, and let them control the situation, you can feel their appreciation of you cooperating, and more than not they''ll finish out the stop with a sense of respect towards you even if they have the propensity to be a jerk.

 

Even the biggest jerks have at least likely been trained to act properly and if you keep your cool, they'll likely also keep theirs, even if only because their egos have been fulfilled knowing that they could act out on their self serving need to be the control freak in the matter. You challenge that and the control freak is just going to freak some more.

 

Nothing serious has ever become of any stops that I've been involved in other than paying the fine, and even sometimes I've been released with a warning.

 

Most of the stops for me can fall under the Murphy's law theory where I might make a wrong move on the road that is totally out of character for me, and sure enough the one time that I do it, a police officer is there to see it. It bites, but I have to grin and bare it. The officer's not going to buy it if I say, OMG I never do stuff like that.

 

Even in situations where you completely feel that the officer is falsely accusing you of something, and although the court system could possibly fail you as well, it's still just best to appeal it later and let the chips fall where they may. The time to appeal is not when the officer is addressing you on the matter.

 

The protocols for car ownership, registration, a license, carrying one, having insurance, having proof of insurance are all pretty easy things to fulfill. If anyone is oblivious to these requirements, they need to make themselves aware, and abide by them.

 

These requirements are not put in place to mess with your freedoms, yet it's a system to have things run smoothly, just as are the rules of the road that are in place for safe driving, otherwise there would just be more chaos than there already is, which is painfully obvious regularly when displayed by motorists who fudge the rules everyday, and anyone with any sense can plainly see how dangerous those drivers on the road can be.

 

There are plenty of people who don't deserve to be on the road, and weeding them out is completely necessary. Personally I could report numerous people daily if I felt that there was an easy way in place to do it.

 

I just bet that many of you can relate to that when you see people blatantly break the rules of the road putting others in harms way because they're only concerned about their own agenda.

 

Unfortunately everyday the roads are occupied by people who have not followed the basic requirements to assure that they are legal motorists. Once you take to the road under these circumstances, you are opening the door to the possibility of having to pay the consequences of not following these requirements. If after dealing with that you continue to ignore requirements, you're just setting yourself up for even more deeper do do.

 

I imagine that just about everyone who posts here are responsible people who know what the rules are and follow them.

 

Those in society who don't seem to be forever playing the game of dodging, or running from the law.

 

Bottom line, if you just follow the rules, 99% of the time you will avoid complications, and if you happen to goof on the road, just follow the orders of the officer and chances are that the issue will soon be behind you.

 

The whole business of spending your life trying to work around the rules just never pays off, and just time and again keeps opening the door for more bad things to come.

 

Anybody read this typical Bbfan version of war and peace? I did this time. Well put my man.

As he should be, unlike the victim I seriously doubt he will try to flee.

 

Why should he be out?

Why should he be out?

 

Because he hasn't been convicted of anything and isnt as much of a threat to run as most people charged with murder that have much lower bonds for one. The other reason is he has likely never been to jail and wont likely do well in there. He should be given his chance just like everyone else should be. How often do you see the average joemurderer with a 1 million dollar bond?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.