July 31, 201511 yr All I have done is point out things that turned the traffic stop into a dangerous situation. I have not once justified shooting the suspect. Remember I also posted: I understand completely and agree with prosecution indicting officer of murder, you have to in this case. I see reasonable doubt though in the evidence to convict him of it. & I think Grand jury did the right thing in inditing the officer............ I dont see a jury of 12 convicting him. The only thing that made this a dangerous situation was Tensing pulling his gun.
July 31, 201511 yr The only thing that made this a dangerous situation was Tensing pulling his gun. Disagree completely on that one.
July 31, 201511 yr I think he used the wrong wording "Dragging". He does end up 30-40 feet further down the road, that is clear to see, now was he running with the car, riding with the car as it rolled for a point, hard to see in the video at full speed. He lied. Period.
July 31, 201511 yr So walking across the bridge to the Reds game last night and my wife gets a voicemail on her phone. It's from Channel 5 news (and they addressed her by name so they definitely had the right person), and they were calling to ask her about Officer Tensing. Couldn't figure out why they wanted to talk to her. A little later it dawned on her that about 6 or 7 years ago she went on a date or two with a guy named Ray from Colerain. :lol2: Apparently it was this guy. Dude I would be creeped out that someone was able to dig that up.
July 31, 201511 yr The only thing that made this a dangerous situation was Tensing pulling his gun. What made this a dangerous situation is the victim blatantly ignoring direct commands from the officer.
July 31, 201511 yr I agree, which is what I stated in my post. His past does not justify murder, but I hate to see Tensing get slammed when this could be a legitimate mistake of a young man that has panicked and made a gigantic mistake. I would like to hold any judgement of both until the trial is over and pray for both men Police officers have a tremendous amount of responsibility placed upon them. They just cannot make that big of a mistake, especially not without reprocussions. RT is responsible for this death.
July 31, 201511 yr What made this a dangerous situation is the victim blatantly ignoring direct commands from the officer. False. A person could ignore commands all day long and it not become a dangerous situation.
July 31, 201511 yr Ukmustange and Duece, I can just say thank Heavens many on this thread are not involved in any type of law enforcement.
July 31, 201511 yr So walking across the bridge to the Reds game last night and my wife gets a voicemail on her phone. It's from Channel 5 news (and they addressed her by name so they definitely had the right person), and they were calling to ask her about Officer Tensing. Couldn't figure out why they wanted to talk to her. A little later it dawned on her that about 6 or 7 years ago she went on a date or two with a guy named Ray from Colerain. :lol2: Apparently it was this guy. WOW. Thats pretty wild on a lot of different levels.
July 31, 201511 yr Single. No kids. TY sir. He still has a family that's struggling too though(FYI that's not what I'd intended to say until I read your message and realized that) Glad he's single though..... kinda.
July 31, 201511 yr False. A person could ignore commands all day long and it not become a dangerous situation. So do you believe if the victim would've listened to the officer and done as he asked, he would have still been shot? Let me be clear that I do agree that the officer definitely crossed the line and should not have even pulled his gun, however, had the victim listened to the officer and not attempted to start the car and flee this whole situation would have never came about.
July 31, 201511 yr What made this a dangerous situation is the victim blatantly ignoring direct commands from the officer. There's no question the victim did a poor job of complying and then made it worse by trying to flee. None of that though should have made it a dangerous situation. Trained officers do NOT make that a dangerous situation. No one, despite what my friend Plantman says, was in danger. The video proves that. I have no reason or info to think Tensing is a bad person. He was just ill-prepared, for whatever reason, to handle this situation. Sad for all.
July 31, 201511 yr News 5 Investigates: Ray Tensing's body cam video, frame by frame | Local News - WLWT Home I just watched that and compared it to the actual video. A couple of things. 1. The parked car they use as proof that DuBose's car wasn't moving actually shows it was moving. In the two frames they use to try and say the car wasn't moving the parked car is in a different place. Here are the two images side by side. 2. When showing the two above frames they show a frame of Tensing grabbing the seat belt and they say that is when the shot is fired. If you watch the regular speed video the shot is actually fired after that. The second frame in the pic above is closer to when the shot is fired. It's probably actually the frame after the second one above that the shot is fired.
July 31, 201511 yr I think he used the wrong wording "Dragging". Are you representing the officer now? Why can't people see that the officer lied! He was trying to cover up what he then realized as a HUGE mistake and misuse of deadly force. He said "dragged" as he meant it, as he intended to lie. Again, it this was a regular citizen who shot this man under the same circumstances they would be looking at at least a few decades in prison.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.