July 31, 201511 yr Fair enough you seem to agree with the majority of us then that he should be indicted and charged. I know it might be harder for you because I believe you are in LE. Shows good character though, that you can put that aside and go with the facts. I have said before on here that I believe police were wrong in different cases. I'm still labeled by some as one who always supports police.
July 31, 201511 yr I understand the point they were trying to make and IMO they weren't completely accurate with their assertion. I think you could see without taking it frame by frame that he car hadn't moved very far. There definitely wasn't enough time for it to drag him before he shot. I still maintain he was knocked off balance, fear set in and he thought he was going to be dragged so he shot. Or he accidentally shot and made up the story. Either way he messed up and will most likely have to pay for it. I see that too. The Caveman Fight or Flight thing kicked in and his Caveman instincts went with Fight (shoot) instead of Flight (disengage and get space between you and the threat) because he was both surprised and maybe a little off balance.
July 31, 201511 yr I see that too. The Caveman Fight or Flight thing kicked in and his Caveman instincts went with Fight (shoot) instead of Flight (disengage and get space between you and the threat) because he was both surprised and maybe a little off balance. I think ultimately him reaching in and grabbing the seat belt then pulling his gun will be his down fall. At that point it is really tough to argue he feared for his life and was justified in shooting. I would have to assume procedure would be to back off and let him go then call it in/pursue. Just can't imagine what he hoped to accomplish.
July 31, 201511 yr No charges for the other Officers. http://local12.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/Grand-jury-declines-to-indict-two-UC-officers-in-DuBose-investigation-178626.shtml
July 31, 201511 yr I see that too. The Caveman Fight or Flight thing kicked in and his Caveman instincts went with Fight (shoot) instead of Flight (disengage and get space between you and the threat) because he was both surprised and maybe a little off balance. I think ultimately him reaching in and grabbing the seat belt then pulling his gun will be his down fall. At that point it is really tough to argue he feared for his life and was justified in shooting. I would have to assume procedure would be to back off and let him go then call it in/pursue. Just can't imagine what he hoped to accomplish. FWIW I agree with you both. I think he made an impulsive, "heat of the moment" mistake to draw and shoot there rather than back off, then rationalized it afterword. I think what got him charged and will likely get him convicted are that other options existed beyond shooting and that his explanation about being drug by the car seems to be corroborated by the video only after he fired his shot.
July 31, 201511 yr I just watched that and compared it to the actual video. A couple of things. 1. The parked car they use as proof that DuBose's car wasn't moving actually shows it was moving. In the two frames they use to try and say the car wasn't moving the parked car is in a different place. Here are the two images side by side. [ATTACH]51648[/ATTACH] 2. When showing the two above frames they show a frame of Tensing grabbing the seat belt and they say that is when the shot is fired. If you watch the regular speed video the shot is actually fired after that. The second frame in the pic above is closer to when the shot is fired. It's probably actually the frame after the second one above that the shot is fired. Looking at the screen grabs you posted, it does appear the car has moved in relation to the car in the background. However, those images could be slightly misleading. It's all about the angles. In the picture on the left, Tensing is more forward on the car than he is in the picture on the right. This could be because the car is moving or he took a step that way. If he stepped towards the back of the car, it will make it appear that the car moved in relation to the parked car.
July 31, 201511 yr No charges for the other Officers. Grand jury declines to indict two UC officers in DuBose investigation - Local 12 WKRC-TV Cincinnati - Top Stories From that link: In a news release, Deters said, “I fully agree with the decision of the Hamilton County Grand Jury. These officers were totally cooperative in the investigation and consistent in their statements. There was some confusion over the way the initial incident report was drafted but that was not a sworn statement by the officers and merely a short summary of information. When the officers were specifically asked about what they saw and heard, their statements matched Tensing’s body camera video. These officers have been truthful and honest about what happened and no charges are warranted.”
July 31, 201511 yr Author D Looking at the screen grabs you posted, it does appear the car has moved in relation to the car in the background. However, those images could be slightly misleading. It's all about the angles. In the picture on the left, Tensing is more forward on the car than he is in the picture on the right. This could be because the car is moving or he took a step that way. If he stepped towards the back of the car, it will make it appear that the car moved in relation to the parked car. So you are saying you can't trust the police cameras?
July 31, 201511 yr Two Men Recorded Stop by Officer Tensing in 2014 Haven't watched the video yet, but this definitely appears to be Officer Tensing.
July 31, 201511 yr D So you are saying you can't trust the police cameras? How did you get that out of what I said?
July 31, 201511 yr Two Men Recorded Stop by Officer Tensing in 2014 Haven't watched the video yet, but this definitely appears to be Officer Tensing. I watched some of that yesterday. Tensing was overstepping his legal authority on that incident. However, a lot of cops do exactly that and like it or not that type of policing keeps the rest of us safe.
July 31, 201511 yr Two Men Recorded Stop by Officer Tensing in 2014 Haven't watched the video yet, but this definitely appears to be Officer Tensing. He seems like a real piece of work.
July 31, 201511 yr He seems like a real piece of work. We are all looking at him in piecemeal. I see him more as a young officer that held a lot of promise but needed better training, oversight, and mentors.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.