Lynn Camp begins search for next head basketball coach

Eric Swords was doing a great job at Lynn Camp. Can't believe this. BAD Move. I don't care who they bring in, even if it is Dink, he don't have many years left coaching.

I can't see Dinky taking the Lynn Camp job. I would be surprised if the Knox County School System paid him enough to make it worth his while anyway. Hopefully Lynn Camp has a plan.

I wonder if Cody Dixon will be in the mix for the job, or maybe they will try to hire Madison Johnson, thinking that it may lure his brothers to follow.

Edited by Jumper_Dad
R(4)

Dinky to Lynn Camp.

It would be interesting at Lynn Camp if this happens, not sure how well it would work out though. I'm afraid these lines from Tim McGraw's song "Diamond Rings and Old Bar Stools" may describe this union.

"It ain't like midnight and cigarette smoke

It ain't like watered down whiskey and coke

I guess some things just don't mix like you hoped".

Mountain Advocate Facebook page:

"Dinky Phipps taking on new job?

By Bobbie Poynter

Could one of Knox County’s winningest coaches be once again on the sidelines of a local high school basketball team?

Perhaps.

Perhaps not.

Lynn Camp High School’s Athletic Director Danny Green confirmed today that former Barbourville High School basketball coach, Dinky Phipps, has applied for the job as head coach of Lynn Camp’s team.

Green said that at this time there has been no decision made on who will fill the position. No decision, he said, will be made until the school’s principal, Anthony Pennington, returns Monday.

An official announcement of who will be Lynn Camp’s next head basketball coach will be made Monday in the Lynn Camp auditorium.

The Mountain Advocate will be there."

Any reason why?

Nothing the Knox County administration does surprises me anymore. Especially personnel issues. With the group in power at this time, sometimes you just have to wait until all the pieces fall into place to understand the deals that have been made. A coaching job, a teacher, maybe a janitor or bus driver position, all can be used to sweeten a bigger deal.