Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Confederate flag

Featured Replies

Do people in Englad fly an American flag?

 

I have a Def Lepperd concert shirt that is entirely the flag of England and a Lynyrd Skynard concert tee that is entirely the Confederate flag, am I bad?

  • Replies 387
  • Views 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bottom line for me is that I am tired of all of the flag bashing. This flag represents my Southern heritage and a noble cause they were defending. They defended their state, their homes and their lives. Many of you flag bashers have a different view and that is fine but for those men it was not about treason or slavery, for the few upper crust of society sure it was but not my relatives. As I have said before, if it is that offensive to that many then it should be removed from state or Fed properties that are government in nature. Anything beyond that I do not support. If I want to fly it or anyone else that should be their right granted I don't want to and it seems that those who do are scary individuals. Go figure, I am supporting their right to do so and they scare me to death, LOL! Anyway, if my support and love for this flag offends you, so be it but I will say sorry you feel that way but at the end of the day I can't change my feelings toward the South and this flag, they are a big part of me and if you can't accept that then so be it.

Bottom line for me is that I am tired of all of the flag bashing. This flag represents my Southern heritage and a noble cause they were defending. They defended their state, their homes and their lives. Many of you flag bashers have a different view and that is fine but for those men it was not about treason or slavery, for the few upper crust of society sure it was but not my relatives. As I have said before, if it is that offensive to that many then it should be removed from state or Fed properties that are government in nature. Anything beyond that I do not support. If I want to fly it or anyone else that should be their right granted I don't want to and it seems that those who do are scary individuals. Go figure, I am supporting their right to do so and they scare me to death, LOL! Anyway, if my support and love for this flag offends you, so be it but I will say sorry you feel that way but at the end of the day I can't change my feelings toward the South and this flag, they are a big part of me and if you can't accept that then so be it.

 

All anyone is asking for is to remove them from government buildings.

 

I'll leave the rest of your post alone out of respect for your opinion. You can't change my mind about the flag either.

The flag has no business being displayed over government buildings. If individuals want to make a suit out of it good for them. No one is asking for it to be banned so please just stop with ignorance.

 

Beyond that there is one flag that represents me so if I never see this one again no sleep will be lost.

Bottom line for me is that I am tired of all of the flag bashing. This flag represents my Southern heritage and a noble cause they were defending. They defended their state, their homes and their lives. Many of you flag bashers have a different view and that is fine but for those men it was not about treason or slavery, for the few upper crust of society sure it was but not my relatives. As I have said before, if it is that offensive to that many then it should be removed from state or Fed properties that are government in nature. Anything beyond that I do not support. If I want to fly it or anyone else that should be their right granted I don't want to and it seems that those who do are scary individuals. Go figure, I am supporting their right to do so and they scare me to death, LOL! Anyway, if my support and love for this flag offends you, so be it but I will say sorry you feel that way but at the end of the day I can't change my feelings toward the South and this flag, they are a big part of me and if you can't accept that then so be it.

 

And in doing so, they defended slavery as a way of life. And while many who fought didn't own slaves, they had little choice in the matter of choosing to fight or not. All of the states mentioned slavery in their reasons for leaving the Union. It's not hard to understand why so many find it's symbolism troubling. Sorry, while some of the causes may be noble, the slavery part is not noble, and cannot be ignored. Furthermore, the fact that this flag wasn't flown again until the Civil Rights Movement in 1962 as a form of protest, makes it even more offensive to many. There's just too much bad associated with the Stars and Bars for most to ever recognize any good that may be associated with it.

  • Author

This flag doesn't represent southern heritage, it represents hate. And for me southern people are some of the nicest people out there. And only misguided people use this to display their "heritage"

  • Author
I have a Def Lepperd concert shirt that is entirely the flag of England and a Lynyrd Skynard concert tee that is entirely the Confederate flag, am I bad?

 

I read something today, the last guy alive in Skynard even stopped using it.

im continually amazed at what offends and what doesn't.

 

I'm continually amazed that people want to defend slavery in 2015. I'm continually amazed that when a prison escapee is shot by the police in a gun fight people say things like, "good thing he was white or there would be riots." I'm continually amazed at the amount of people that make racist statements like, "the people who are offended by the flag offend me because they are on welfare." And then they'll have the nerve to ask me how my weekend went when we pass each other in the hallway at work.

Why does a specific battle flag represent southern heritage? Still waiting for an answer on that one.

H

I'm continually amazed that people want to defend slavery in 2015. I'm continually amazed that when a prison escapee is shot by the police in a gun fight people say things like, "good thing he was white or there would be riots." I'm continually amazed at the amount of people that make racist statements like, "the people who are offended by the flag offend me because they are on welfare." And then they'll have the nerve to ask me how my weekend went when we pass each other in the hallway at work.

 

What about the stuff that doesn't offend you? That's more of the issue. Believe me I expect you to be offended by those things as you should.

 

Are you offended when a police officer is accused and convicted by the media/public with out due process.

H

 

What about the stuff that doesn't offend you? That's more of the issue. Believe me I expect you to be offended by those things as you should.

 

Are you offended when a police officer is accused and convicted by the media/public with out due process.

 

If I was a cop I would be. I'm not a cop. I am black though.

The Confederate Flag Scrutinized by Drive-By Truckers, Lynyrd Skynyrd « Radio.com

 

A friend and I were talking the other night about the flag issue and we agreed if everyone sat down and listened to Southern Rock Opera together we'd be a lot better off. Only half joking. Anyway, it looks like some author tracked the Truckers down and asked them their opinion on the flag and they had some good things to say (even if you aren't a fan of their music).

Personally the idea of someone being able to fly the flag isn't cool with me, though it does act as a sign for me. It screams racist and I know who they are. I can keep my eye on them instead of them sneaking up my back. Most of the time that I have had interactions with people who are into that, they were racist or separatist at best. Me being white and my wife being black, our kids being mixed has opened my eyes to see things from a neutral place. There is hatred on both sides black and white. I shake my head at the ignorance that still exist in a " civil " society. You can't say trust me with a badge of hatred on your porch, car or t-shirts. Sometimes to move forward you have to let go of the past. This may be one of those times.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.