Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Confederate flag

Featured Replies

Your words were that you have more to be offended about the rainbow than I do of the flag. Go ask any black person you know which one offends them more, the carjacking of the rainbow or the rebel flag. I know how the poll results would be with all of the black people I know.

 

Alright fair enough. Let's just say that Mike Huckabee wins the White House. Is it ok for him to have a nativity scene on the front lawn?

  • Replies 387
  • Views 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So if that flag is removed you are no longer threatened? You don't want the confederate flag removed because it's threatening. You want it removed because it's a symbol. The rainbow is also a symbol and some people, a lot of people, find it offensive that homosexuals have hijacked a symbol that for 2000 years as symbolized God's promise to never flood the earth again. The rainbow means something to me and now it's been bastardized. Actually I think I have a much better reason to be offended by that than you do a flag.

 

Actually the symbolic meaning of the rainbow is a LOT older than 2,000 years.

Actually the symbolic meaning of the rainbow is a LOT older than 2,000 years.

 

My bad. You are absolutely correct. Now I'm really offended.

Alright fair enough. Let's just say that Mike Huckabee wins the White House. Is it ok for him to have a nativity scene on the front lawn?

 

Wouldn't bother me any. Do they not do that now at The White House?

Wouldn't bother me any. Do they not do that now at The White House?

 

Don't think they do. I feel certain that there would be plenty of protest if they did.

Don't think they do. I feel certain that there would be plenty of protest if they did.

Nativity display, East Room, White House, Christmas 2009. image.jpg

In Harrodsburg on Saturday evening a bunch of rebel flag supporters hoisted the flags high on their trucks and made laps in the Walmart parking lot and one is heard screaming out what people believe was the n word to a group of black people standing outside of Walmart.

 

My first instinct is to laugh uncontrollably at the blatant comedy of using the Walmart parking lot for this display...it embodies every single aspect of the worst things people believe about rednecks.

 

But it is really, really saddening, and usurps the comedy in the scariness of the realization that we are sooooo far away from true equality being practiced.

My first instinct is to laugh uncontrollably at the blatant comedy of using the Walmart parking lot for this display...it embodies every single aspect of the worst things people believe about rednecks.

 

But it is really, really saddening, and usurps the comedy in the scariness of the realization that we are sooooo far away from true equality being practiced.

 

Why is redneck an acceptable slur?

Don't think they do. I feel certain that there would be plenty of protest if they did.

 

I'd say you are probably right. We have a protesting mindset these days.

Why is redneck an acceptable slur?

 

I don't feel comfortable saying it publicly. That's not a word I would use loosely in public. I'd defintiely be aware of my surroundings if I was to use it.

My first instinct is to laugh uncontrollably at the blatant comedy of using the Walmart parking lot for this display...it embodies every single aspect of the worst things people believe about rednecks.

 

But it is really, really saddening, and usurps the comedy in the scariness of the realization that we are sooooo far away from true equality being practiced.

 

Get this.....the alleged ringleader of that parade is the son of a co-worker I think highly of. I don't think she raised her son that way. Very good woman of good character.

My first instinct is to laugh uncontrollably at the blatant comedy of using the Walmart parking lot for this display...it embodies every single aspect of the worst things people believe about rednecks.

 

But it is really, really saddening, and usurps the comedy in the scariness of the realization that we are sooooo far away from true equality being practiced.

 

There is video of a similar parade in Ft. Smith, Texas going around now.

I don't feel comfortable saying it publicly. That's not a word I would use loosely in public. I'd defintiely be aware of my surroundings if I was to use it.

 

By the way, I do use it and live in a fairly rural area where there are a lot of qualifiers. It doesn't offend me I was just curious why it's acceptable while other terms are not. Just struck me as interesting.

  • Author

If people claim it celebrates heritage, then how many black people fly the flag? If they are so proud of being from the south, should let they show it that way?

 

Only black person I would know flying that thing is Clayton Bigsby

Nativity display, East Room, White House, Christmas 2009. [ATTACH]51250[/ATTACH]

 

In a Muslim's home, no less.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.