Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Confederate flag

Featured Replies

I grew up under the confederate flag on the state line of Mississippi and Tennessee when people flew it proudly. The hatred and symbolism was directed WAY more towards Yankees than Blacks. I grew up in a very integrated area, and none of us were taught that we shouldn't be friends with blacks. A Yankee stood out like a sore thumb though...you guys.

 

Despite that, it is time to take it out of public facilities.

  • Replies 387
  • Views 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't read but the last 7 or 8 post.......This probably won't sit well with some on here, but IMO......It's a flag people, nothing more nothing less, get over it.

 

There are more pressing things to worry about than this.

I haven't read but the last 7 or 8 post.......This probably won't sit well with some on here, but IMO......It's a flag people, nothing more nothing less, get over it.

 

There are more pressing things to worry about than this.

 

Same can be said for the ones staunchly defending it.

I haven't read but the last 7 or 8 post.......This probably won't sit well with some on here, but IMO......It's a flag people, nothing more nothing less, get over it.

 

There are more pressing things to worry about than this.

 

It represents slavery, the confederacy was all about slavery, any flag that represents the confederacy should never fly again on any government property.

 

How would the Jews feel if the swastika was allowed to fly in Germany again?

It represents slavery, the confederacy was all about slavery, any flag that represents the confederacy should never fly again on any government property.

 

How would the Jews feel if the swastika was allowed to fly in Germany again?

 

Provide me evidence that Jefferson Davis, the Confederate States, et al sanctioned or supported the wholesale massacre of blacks/slaves, then I might buy your argument.

Same can be said for the ones staunchly defending it.

 

Agree.

Provide me evidence that Jefferson Davis, the Confederate States, et al sanctioned or supported the wholesale massacre of blacks/slaves, then I might buy your argument.

 

Huh? :lol2:

 

Provide me evidence that Jefferson Davis, the Confederate States, et al were against the sanctioning and wholesale massacre of blacks/slaves and then I might buy your argument.

Provide me evidence that Jefferson Davis, the Confederate States, et al sanctioned or supported the wholesale massacre of blacks/slaves, then I might buy your argument.

In not going to tell a black person how they should feel about a racist flag, just saying.

Provide me evidence that Jefferson Davis, the Confederate States, et al sanctioned or supported the wholesale massacre of blacks/slaves, then I might buy your argument.

 

So as long as they didn't massacre blacks then slavery was ok?

Provide me evidence that Jefferson Davis, the Confederate States, et al sanctioned or supported the wholesale massacre of blacks/slaves, then I might buy your argument.

 

If you're splitting hairs about whether chattel slavery is morally superior to genocide to defend this flag then you've lost your audience here.

I haven't read but the last 7 or 8 post.......This probably won't sit well with some on here, but IMO......It's a flag people, nothing more nothing less, get over it.

 

There are more pressing things to worry about than this.

 

Lawnboy, in a large way I agree with your feelings. As I stated before that flag represents harmless issues to me personally. However, after 10 pages and many post I can sympothize with Purple Pride. Given that I'm fine with the flag being removed from government buildings.

 

My fear, like in most cases, is that this is just the tip of the iceburg. The Jefferson Davis statues will soon also be removed and on and on. The reality is this is part of our history and removing these items won't change that. We live in a day and age where I think the vast majority of American's would be appauled at the thought of enslaving another individual flag or no flag.

So as long as they didn't massacre blacks then slavery was ok?

 

If you're splitting hairs about whether chattel slavery is morally superior to genocide to defend this flag then you've lost your audience here.

 

Guys, I want to state this as kindly and understanding as possible. There are a lot of people, myself included, who are just a little surprised by the suddeness of this. For example, in 2001, 2000 plus Americans were killed in the name of Islam yet there has been no demand for complete removal of any Islamic symbols, etc. I realize there are no Islamic symbols on government buildings but you cannot honest believe that this isn't just the first steps to removing any reference to the Conferate flag from everything. I think you will see the demands on Ole Miss to change the name of their masscot in the near future.

 

I'm just shocked that 9 black Christians are gunned down in a Bible/pray meeting by a white racist and there is no rioting of any kind. Yet, when a black criminal is shot by a policeman in self defense an entire community is burned to the ground. Help me understand that.

Guys, I want to state this as kindly and understanding as possible. There are a lot of people, myself included, who are just a little surprised by the suddeness of this. For example, in 2001, 2000 plus Americans were killed in the name of Islam yet there has been no demand for complete removal of any Islamic symbols, etc. I realize there are no Islamic symbols on government buildings but you cannot honest believe that this isn't just the first steps to removing any reference to the Conferate flag from everything. I think you will see the demands on Ole Miss to change the name of their masscot in the near future.

 

I'm just shocked that 9 black Christians are gunned down in a Bible/pray meeting by a white racist and there is no rioting of any kind. Yet, when a black criminal is shot by a policeman in self defense an entire community is burned to the ground. Help me understand that.

 

In your opinion the policeman acted in self dense when an unarmed black man was gunned down. In the rioter's opinion an unarmed black man was shot by a policeman and for them after years and years of perceived police brutality they have had enough and rioted. Nothing is going be said to change your opinion or theirs. Their thoughts and beliefs are as strong as yours. At the end of the day it will always be hard for some blacks and some whites to understand each other's true feelings about some racial incidents. Just the way it is.

 

Mass shootings are always tragic events that communities seem to do a magnificent job of recovering from and rebuilding together.

In your opinion the policeman acted in self dense when an unarmed black man was gunned down. In the rioter's opinion an unarmed black man was shot by a policeman and for them after years and years of perceived police brutality they have had enough and rioted. Nothing is going be said to change your opinion or theirs. Their thoughts and beliefs are as strong as yours. At the end of the day it will always be hard for some blacks and some whites to understand each other's true feelings about some racial incidents. Just the way it is.

 

Mass shootings are always tragic events that communities seem to do a magnificent job of recovering from and rebuilding together.

 

Are you referring to Ferguson?

Huh? :lol2:

 

Provide me evidence that Jefferson Davis, the Confederate States, et al were against the sanctioning and wholesale massacre of blacks/slaves and then I might buy your argument.

 

Fair enough.

 

So as long as they didn't massacre blacks then slavery was ok?

 

I didn't say that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.