Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Confederate flag

Featured Replies

...]

Edited by Jumper_Dad
nevermind

  • Replies 387
  • Views 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The flag has absolutely no business being flown at a state capital or government building. That's like a city in Germany still flying the Nazi flag.

 

As was mentioned earlier, if people want to still "proudly" display the flag themselves, that's their right. Just as it's my right to consider them racist traitorous bigots. :idunno:

How is this flag a big part of you? Why do you care so much about the flag?

 

 

 

It reminds me of home and my family, It's a warm sight I saw every day of my childhood. It reminds me of my Southern Heritage. I never thought of the flag and any ties to slavery or racism. Or at least I have always to chose to block out the negative when I see KKK or other racist use the flag in a manor that stood for such I suspect because that is not what it reminded me of. The recent push against the flag was and I think still is a shock to my system because it hurts to see that image portrayed in a manner that is so different from the way I have always viewed the flag. It has made me stop and realize that my view of the grand Ole South is seen by others as a symbol of racism and evil and that pains me deeply and is honestly hard for me to accept because it tears at my insides deeply. As I have said, I realize it should not be flown over capitals and the like and I would give anything to be able to remove it from racist hate groups and a lot of red necks as well. I do hope this better explains why I feel the way I do about this flag and while I cant imagine what it must make blacks feel like I still find myself caught up deeply in my feelings for this flag

It reminds me of home and my family, It's a warm sight I saw every day of my childhood. It reminds me of my Southern Heritage. I never thought of the flag and any ties to slavery or racism. Or at least I have always to chose to block out the negative when I see KKK or other racist use the flag in a manor that stood for such I suspect because that is not what it reminded me of. The recent push against the flag was and I think still is a shock to my system because it hurts to see that image portrayed in a manner that is so different from the way I have always viewed the flag. It has made me stop and realize that my view of the grand Ole South is seen by others as a symbol of racism and evil and that pains me deeply and is honestly hard for me to accept because it tears at my insides deeply. As I have said, I realize it should not be flown over capitals and the like and I would give anything to be able to remove it from racist hate groups and a lot of red necks as well. I do hope this better explains why I feel the way I do about this flag and while I cant imagine what it must make blacks feel like I still find myself caught up deeply in my feelings for this flag

 

Thanks for the honesty my man.

While their racist intent towards whites is wrong to compare the two is disingenuous. White power and the rebel flag takes on a whole different scope than black power and raised fist.

 

Racism is racism. To make excuses for one or the other is to merely condone it.

Racism is racism. To make excuses for one or the other is to merely condone it.

 

Black power isn't scaring anyone. They don't even have a flag to represent their heritage. If you can't understand the difference in meaning from one to the next then you are merely condoning it and keeping a blind eye to all of the church burnings, lynchings and other violent racist acts associated with the flag and white power. As I stated those that scream out black power with racist intent is wrong but don't try even try to put them on the same scope. They aren't. Hate with two different meanings and outcomes. And visuals.

Black power isn't scaring anyone. They don't even have a flag to represent their heritage. If you can't understand the difference in meaning from one to the next then you are merely condoning it and keeping a blind eye to all of the church burnings, lynchings and other violent racist acts associated with the flag and white power. As I stated those that scream out black power with racist intent is wrong but don't try even try to put them on the same scope. They aren't. Hate with two different meanings and outcomes. And visuals.

 

So you agree that both are hate.

 

No lynchings in this country for decades.

 

Either all racism is wrong or it's not.

 

I condone nothing of what has happened in the past by racist whites. For you to condone what racist blacks do is ridiculous and you are just making excuses for them.

Black power isn't scaring anyone. They don't even have a flag to represent their heritage. If you can't understand the difference in meaning from one to the next then you are merely condoning it and keeping a blind eye to all of the church burnings, lynchings and other violent racist acts associated with the flag and white power. As I stated those that scream out black power with racist intent is wrong but don't try even try to put them on the same scope. They aren't. Hate with two different meanings and outcomes. And visuals.

 

You are much better at recognizing people's intent than I am.

 

I'll go with taking the confederate military flag down from all government buildings. By the same token the White House never needs to be lite up like a rainbow. Agree?

So you agree that both are hate.

 

No lynchings in this country for decades.

 

Either all racism is wrong or it's not.

 

I condone nothing of what has happened in the past by racist whites. For you to condone what racist blacks do is ridiculous and you are just making excuses for them.

 

It depends on who's oxen is getting gored

So you agree that both are hate.

 

No lynchings in this country for decades.

 

Either all racism is wrong or it's not.

 

I condone nothing of what has happened in the past by racist whites. For you to condone what racist blacks do is ridiculous and you are just making excuses for them.

 

Where in the world am I condoning it? Let me explain it better for you since you keep missing the part where I am saying it is wrong for blacks to be racist against whites.

 

If all the white people in America decided to be racist tomorrow I wouldn't be able to function and I'd have to move out the country. I wouldn't have job, income, house and leaving the house would be extremely dangerous for me. White power.

 

If all the black people in America decided to be racist against white people you'd still have a job, income and you'd have a majority of the law on your side for protection. Black power.

 

Can you hear me now?

You are much better at recognizing people's intent than I am.

 

I'll go with taking the confederate military flag down from all government buildings. By the same token the White House never needs to be lite up like a rainbow. Agree?

 

Yeah, because gay people are soooooo threatening.

Yeah, because gay people are soooooo threatening.

 

So if that flag is removed you are no longer threatened? You don't want the confederate flag removed because it's threatening. You want it removed because it's a symbol. The rainbow is also a symbol and some people, a lot of people, find it offensive that homosexuals have hijacked a symbol that for 2000 years as symbolized God's promise to never flood the earth again. The rainbow means something to me and now it's been bastardized. Actually I think I have a much better reason to be offended by that than you do a flag.

So if that flag is removed you are no longer threatened? You don't want the confederate flag removed because it's threatening. You want it removed because it's a symbol. The rainbow is also a symbol and some people, a lot of people, find it offensive that homosexuals have hijacked a symbol that for 2000 years as symbolized God's promise to never flood the earth again. The rainbow means something to me and now it's been bastardized. Actually I think I have a much better reason to be offended by that than you do a flag.

 

Of course you do. You're white.

Of course you do. You're white.

 

What does my race have to do with being offended by homosexuals stealing the rainbow?

What does my race have to do with being offended by homosexuals stealing the rainbow?

 

Your words were that you have more to be offended about the rainbow than I do of the flag. Go ask any black person you know which one offends them more, the carjacking of the rainbow or the rebel flag. I know how the poll results would be with all of the black people I know.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.