Kentucky State Cup

NKSA U14 girls are State Cup Champions! Finally decided on the 9th (yes 9th) PK!! Awesome game! So happy for these young ladies they have worked really hard!! On to the Regionals...

Watched this before we left, very nerve wracking and we were only spectators!!!

Good Luck in WI ladies!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes - you are correct. The team was referring to the tourney as "State Cup" but it is the Soccer Village Cup.

Her KHA knocked off Javanon Black 6-2 in the finals and won the U12 Soccer Village Cup. MRL here we come.

Her KHA knocked off Javanon Black 6-2 in the finals and won the U12 Soccer Village Cup. MRL here we come.

That's great, they should get the #1 seed in State Cup next year, good luck to them in MRL.

I took a peek at the Girls results in the Soccer Village Cup, Kings really cleaned up.

They won all 4 of the Championship Matches and also had 2 Finalists. Having 6 of the final 8 teams playing in the Finals is pretty dominant.

Yellow Card, what are your thoughts on NKSA's Pro program beginning next year for the top team for boys and girls at each age group starting at U11? Clearly trying to counter the Kings Academy program, which makes perfect sense. Would love your opinion on it.

Boy this seems like a trap but I'll bite...

It definitely seems like they are trying to emulate both KHA and CUP, if this is the case, I do not think that this is a bad thing.... it's probably long overdue. It seems that NKSA has not been able to achieve the success that some of the top teams at KHA and CUP have enjoyed. IMO, it is a direct result of not always assembling your "best" possible squad.

Their philosophy of using parent coaches for their top teams has probably held them back to some extent. This, along with too much parent involvement on the coaching side does not make for a good situation. From what I understand, children are typically placed with their parent if they are coaching, not against this at some levels, but no way can you have this approach and still field your strongest squad. Having a player on the top team, that does not belong, hurts the team and also takes a spot away from a player that might have made the top team. It appears that their Pro program will eliminate this practice, but probably only for the top team.

I feel that NKSA has remained competitive across both CUSL and Buckeye and I think they will continue to do so. From what I have seen, the next level (MRL)takes more commitment and your better teams usually have more athletic kids that have also made soccer their chosen sport. These are the kids that NKSA will need to attract, if they are not able to do so, I think they will have a new program but continue to compete at the same levels.

NKSA U13 boys (Strikers) won their matches over the weekend and will be heading to the Regional in St. Louis. They were calling it the President's Cup. Has all the discussion on this thread been about State Cup teams or both?

It started that way but like most threads, we have managed to get slightly off topic. :lol2:

Boy this seems like a trap but I'll bite...

It definitely seems like they are trying to emulate both KHA and CUP, if this is the case, I do not think that this is a bad thing.... it's probably long overdue. It seems that NKSA has not been able to achieve the success that some of the top teams at KHA and CUP have enjoyed. IMO, it is a direct result of not always assembling your "best" possible squad.

Their philosophy of using parent coaches for their top teams has probably held them back to some extent. This, along with too much parent involvement on the coaching side does not make for a good situation. From what I understand, children are typically placed with their parent if they are coaching, not against this at some levels, but no way can you have this approach and still field your strongest squad. Having a player on the top team, that does not belong, hurts the team and also takes a spot away from a player that might have made the top team. It appears that their Pro program will eliminate this practice, but probably only for the top team.

I feel that NKSA has remained competitive across both CUSL and Buckeye and I think they will continue to do so. From what I have seen, the next level (MRL)takes more commitment and your better teams usually have more athletic kids that have also made soccer their chosen sport. These are the kids that NKSA will need to attract, if they are not able to do so, I think they will have a new program but continue to compete at the same levels.

Sorry YC, no, not a trap at all. I'm with you 100%, and know of a couple of situations, boy and girl, where you had a head coach's kid on a top team and it was questionable. I think the Pro program is a good step, I think their Affiliation with the Cincy Saints is a good thing, and I think it will help team keep kids down the road that would have left for KHA, CUP, or BSC Elite.

Hope it works for them.

Sorry YC, no, not a trap at all. I'm with you 100%, and know of a couple of situations, boy and girl, where you had a head coach's kid on a top team and it was questionable. I think the Pro program is a good step, I think their Affiliation with the Cincy Saints is a good thing, and I think it will help team keep kids down the road that would have left for KHA, CUP, or BSC Elite.

Hope it works for them.

No worries, I was joking about the trap.

Agree that the new program is a good idea and a step in the right direction.