Spring Practice at St. X

I'm a T fan but I have to say straight up that I like the "X" with the cross in it. And isn't the Trinity "T" relatively new? In the 80s all I ever remember seeing was the shamrock with maybe "Rocks" written in it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a T fan but I have to say straight up that I like the "X" with the cross in it. And isn't the Trinity "T" relatively new? In the 80s all I ever remember seeing was the shamrock with maybe "Rocks" written in it.

I do not know if this has anything to do with Brad Lampley playing for Tennessee as well as being a GA for them in the late 90's early 2000's, but the "T" is the same as the Tennessee Power T. First I ever saw Trinity using that T was in the early 2000's.

More important question than helmets is that no one mentioned the article looking forward to 15 spring practices. So either

1. Author doesnt know whats going on

2. KHSAA has no authority in Tiger town

3. I'm the only one who clicked link to read article

I do not know if this has anything to do with Brad Lampley playing for Tennessee as well as being a GA for them in the late 90's early 2000's, but the "T" is the same as the Tennessee Power T. First I ever saw Trinity using that T was in the early 2000's.

There are people that know more of the helmet logo history at T then I do but it dates bak to at least the early '70s. The Power T is not used on the football helmets.

More important question than helmets is that no one mentioned the article looking forward to 15 spring practices. So either

I would say it was just a case of misspeaking. 10 practices, 15 days...........

There are people that know more of the helmet logo history at T then I do but it dates bak to at least the early '70s. The Power T is not used on the football helmets.

I hate thread-jacking! But I prefer providing information when possible. The Trinity helmet logo first appeared in 1967. Head Coach Jim Kennedy asked Assistant Vince Semary to design a logo. Please see Trinity Football Program for more details. The Rocks won their first title in 1968. The tradition was set.

The Power T (this is Tennessee's name for the T) is copyrighted by UT. Trinity has UT's permission to use it. It will NOT appear on Trinity's helmets anytime soon. Then Head Coach Kevin Wright went so far as to order a set for the helmets in 1999 and was informed by the Trinity brass that under no circumstances would the Trinity helmet logo be changed. They sold the T decals to a school in Tennessee.

Never on football helmets at Trinity.

So, how is the installation of the Oregon offense coming along? The new man from Nashville must be one heckuva coach. This is really a slow time of year for relevant football conversations. St X potential starting QB Desmond (Des) Ridder is apparently a very talented volleyballer.:thumb:

The author of the article is a student at St. X, so I would say he switched the numbers on the amount of time given to get the practices in.

So, how is the installation of the Oregon offense coming along? The new man from Nashville must be one heckuva coach. This is really a slow time of year for relevant football conversations. St X potential starting QB Desmond (Des) Ridder is apparently a very talented volleyballer.:thumb:

The "Oregon offense" is very trendy right now, but what is most often overlooked is the speed in which the plays are signaled into the QB. I OC has to be comfortable, confident, and thinking three plays ahead in order for the "Oregon offense" to be effective. Time will tell.

The no huddle offense takes some getting used to so I would not be surprised if X has some growing pains getting used to it. Hopefully for their sake they can get comfortable with it before it hurts them. I hear the kids like the offense and the coach so that is half the battle.

Interesting side note about Breit, he started and worked out with Trinity the summer leading into his freshman year before going to St. X right before the start of the school year. He is actually in both school's Freshmen team photos. We'll see if the switch pays off with him getting the starting role this year. One of the distinctive things about both programs is the dedication and patience a lot of the players must have in order to get their chance for one varsity season.