Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky vs. Wisconsin Predictions

Kentucky vs. Wisconsin (Final Four) Who Wins? 69 members have voted

  1. 1. Kentucky vs. Wisconsin (Final Four) Who Wins?

    • Kentucky
      84%
      58
    • Wisconsin
      15%
      11

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I remember 3 of Aaron Harrison's 8 points for sure.

 

I wonder if Dekker still has a dent in his forehead from the Poythresis dunk?

  • Replies 131
  • Views 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way UK pulls this one out.

U.K. had a very tough time vs. ND with defending the pick & roll. Wisconsin runs a lot of the same stuff, only far better. U.K. Will Have to Defend the Pick / Roll by the Badgers or will be going home. Cal put the blame on himself on the poor pick/roll defense and with a week to prepare, I look for Cal to have worked on this a lot and the Cats to improve in that area.

At this point the Blowouts Are Over, everyone left is too good for that. This U.K. Team Has Proven that they absolutely know how to handle close games, especially down the stretch. I said at the start of the season that U.K. Gets # 9 and see No Reason to change my mind now .............

 

Wildcats 73

Badgers 67

No way UK pulls this one out.

 

I Love your confidence :D

(and hope that your wrong)

Hoping for a less exciting Saturday night this week, don't think it will happen.

I really hope UK can keep a 6-8 point lead the whole game. Don't know if I can handle being down for a while like last game

If UK keeps Dekker off the boards. August from ND was following every miss with a dunk. Dekker will be active going to the offensive glass. As for Dakari, he should be affective against UW because they will not foul you trying to block the shot. All UK bigs need to finish and not worry about the contact, Wisconsin doesn't foul. Frank doesn't jump well on his post moves, defend him by staying on the floor and keeping the hands high. His game is to pump fake you out of position and get the shot off. It will be a tough matchup but with the versatility and depth we should have the answers. I just hope it doesn't take too long to find the keys. Almost took too long against ND.

Cats by 5 in a tough one.

This thread is surprising slow. I'm waiting on some of the BGP heavyweights to give their thoughts and prediction on this game. Let's hear them @gametime @letabrotherspeak @Clyde @

MentschTrachtGottLacht

 

@PurplePride92

Post 11 isn't enough for you? Geez... :lol2:

Post 11 isn't enough for you? Geez... :lol2:

 

All you said was 39-0. I want to know if I need to have the paddles on standby again. :lol2:

All you said was 39-0. I want to know if I need to have the paddles on standby again. :lol2:

 

Me and my thoughts on this game are on a need to know basis. All you need to know is I think it ends with UK at 39-0... :D

Can't lie, I'm a little shook by how UK defended against ND. They were awful for 35 minutes getting spread out and blowing simple assignments. Do that against Wisky and there will be trouble.

 

Still going with 39-0, but not nearly as confident at the moment...

 

 

Notre Dame was able to do that to more than one team this year though. Defending the attempts at dribble penetration from Grant and Jackson is probably going to be much harder than it proves to check a less than healthy Trevone Jackson, Gasser, and Koening.

 

Agree with all the points you made gametime. Still think they win, but somewhat less confident about it.

 

What Wisconsin has going for them: the confidence that they can beat UK that they got from playing so close last season and the motivation to do it because they came up just a bit short and all anyone is talking about is Kentucky.

 

They have bigs who can stretch the floor with their ability to make shots, which at least helps neutralize their size and athletic deficiencies against the Cats when you compare them across the board. They'll put stress on the UK defense in a different way than Notre Dame did.

 

Side note: I thought that Arizona's staying down on the pump fakes from Kaminsky might have exposed a hole in his game. It seemed like he was limited enough in the first half (I think he was like 5/13 for 13 points but am not 100% right off). Anyway, I thought he played considerably better in the 2nd Half, and that if what he showed in the first half continues to hold, UK should be able to find someone to guard him and do it well enough for to win. Maybe that comes from someone smaller getting up into his shot when he tries to spot up, but being quick enough to recover and prevent him from driving (with a bit of the length differential offset by the defender's athleticism). I can see a guy like Lee giving him fits in that role defensively, but you also give up something on offense when you play him.

 

Maybe that guy is Cauley-Stein who initially checks him, but I'm not 100% convinced that he won't be used on Dekker, if nothing more, in a few certain contingency scenarios at least.

 

Thoughts?

Cal will try and hide behind his man defense again and not so lucky this time.....Badgers 73 Cats 64

 

Cal is a pretty solid man coach. That's what you'll play in the pros and there's no hiding you.

 

I honestly don't think Cal gets the credit he deserves for how well he coaches defense. Lots of statistics through his tenures will probably support that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.