Beechwood 2015

Ram

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your statement contradicts itself. "...they never pulled their starters but did sub in a lot of players in and out." Unfortunately this game will not be played. Coach Noel Rash was supposedly all for it but it could not clear Suzy Wera's desk, stating that they are limiting the number of larger schools (i.e. Covington Catholic) that they play each year and wished JC well. Best of luck to the Tigers on their quest for another state title.

Well always thought there was a difference pulling the starters and just subbing kids in and out. Most coaches pull starters when the game is well in hand.

From a Bw point of view, I would think it would be much more cost effective to find a Ohio team to play from somewhere in the Cincy area. If I am a parent or fan I know that would make me much happier than traveling half way across the state. That said, the team I follow is doing about the same this year. I ask the coach here why and he said he could not find anyone else any closer. So that may be the case here as well but surely there is a much closer Ohio school the Beechies could play that would cut down on cost and increase the # of fans that would come

But, that wasn't the excuse given by the AD, supposedly saying "she wanted to limit the number of larger schools that Beechwood plays". If this is true, I don't like the idea of an AD having this much control over who a team plays, again, if this is true.

It is nice to get out of the area and travel a bit, get your team one long road game a year could help a team later on as well. Didn't you say that you would like to see a BW and MF series as well?

And to the other poster saying that a larger school who is in contention should not play Beechwood, Beechwood has proven time and time again that they are not your typical small school. I remember when Kettering Alter played at Beechwood before the game some of their fans complaining that they Beechwood shouldn't even be on the same field as their team, only to have two straight years of barely escaping with a win. A few other small schools in KY fit this category as well.

I liked the idea of when Beechwood played good teams in Ohio, big or small. I enjoyed the Newark Catholic game. I have always wanted to see Beechwood play Vs Germantown Valley View.

From a Bw point of view, I would think it would be much more cost effective to find a Ohio team to play from somewhere in the Cincy area. If I am a parent or fan I know that would make me much happier than traveling half way across the state. That said, the team I follow is doing about the same this year. I ask the coach here why and he said he could not find anyone else any closer. So that may be the case here as well but surely there is a much closer Ohio school the Beechies could play that would cut down on cost and increase the # of fans that would come

All true except it is very difficult for a team like Beechwood to get an Ohio team on the schedule. First, the Ohio team would actually have to beat Beechewood to get any computer points. Second, even of they were able to beat Beechwood the points value is not that great because of the small size of Beechwood. So if you are a typical small school in Ohio you probably are not going to beat Beechwood and if you are a D1-D3 size school that can beat Beechwood the risk vs reward for computer points is not that good.

But, that wasn't the excuse given by the AD, supposedly saying "she wanted to limit the number of larger schools that Beechwood plays". If this is true, I don't like the idea of an AD having this much control over who a team plays, again, if this is true.

It is nice to get out of the area and travel a bit, get your team one long road game a year could help a team later on as well. Didn't you say that you would like to see a BW and MF series as well?

And to the other poster saying that a larger school who is in contention should not play Beechwood, Beechwood has proven time and time again that they are not your typical small school. I remember when Kettering Alter played at Beechwood before the game some of their fans complaining that they Beechwood shouldn't even be on the same field as their team, only to have two straight years of barely escaping with a win. A few other small schools in KY fit this category as well.

I liked the idea of when Beechwood played good teams in Ohio, big or small. I enjoyed the Newark Catholic game. I have always wanted to see Beechwood play Vs Germantown Valley View.

BW already traveling to Somerset this year, and still rumors abound they are playing Raceland up here this year and down there next. Either way, that would be two very substantial bus rides in a year. Could have something to do with it.

BW already traveling to Somerset this year, and still rumors abound they are playing Raceland up here this year and down there next. Either way, that would be two very substantial bus rides in a year. Could have something to do with it.

Thanks, Didn't know about Somerset. I would still love to see a game Vs Germantown Valley View eventually.

The Beechwood/Raceland couldn't be worked out, there was talk though.

• 4 weeks later...

I doubt there will be another road trip game. Usually Beechwood has one road trip game on their schedule and since Somerset is signed up that is probably it. The rest of the schedule will be N. Ky. teams if they stick to the format in recent years. The Tigers also usually play another out of area team in their opener in the Cross Town Showdown.

I just saw that Beechwood is not playing a game as part of the Crosstown Showdown this year. It will be interesting to see what opponent they pick up to fill that slot on the schedule.

Conner 8/14 at home

Lloyd 8/28 at Lloyd

Somerset 9/4 at Somerset

CovCath 9/18 at home

Holy Cross 9/25 home

Newport 10/2 home

Bellevue 10/9 away

Ludlow 10/16 home

Dayton 10/23 home

NewCath 10/30 home