Beechwood 2015

Ram

Defense wins championships, and this team will have to work hard to try and reload. Finck and McKown made a big centerpiece for that defense, and will likely be replaced by Overstreet and Soward, both are athletic enough to take their places. Soward lacks in strength more, and Overstreet is just as good, if not better, in the weightroom as McKown. No D-Ends return(combs is sticking to baseball). Joey Sherron and Dalton Everett are likely to replace them, both are not what their predecessors were, but after a few games they can easily get into the rhythm. Really the big difference maker this year is not stepping up to the plate, but The Plates(weightroom). Last year's class was not mostly in baseball. Key leaders are in baseball this year(stringer Slusher fieger Rowe Sherron Way. Others that aren't seniors are Benson and Soward) and not in the weightroom getting stronger. Cardio will also be a kicker, last year's class allowed McKown and Finck to be virtually one way players, being able to lead defense well. With a loss of so many starters, the fitness of this team will be huge in replacing so many in both sides

Soward should be a capable replacement for Finck. McKown was a 3 year starter. As much as I like Overstreet, he will have to work hard and learn fast to replace McKown. I see Lucas Benson starting at the other defensive end and Sherron playing DT. It would be nice if Combs changed his mind and came back to at least play OT. That would be a big help. If Bankemper comes back, he will also be huge. Maybe his brother will show him that state championship ring a few times and get him excited about getting one of his own.

Your comment on cardio and conditioning is very true. This team will not have as much depth as last year's.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soward should be a capable replacement for Finck. McKown was a 3 year starter. As much as I like Overstreet, he will have to work hard and learn fast to replace McKown. I see Lucas Benson starting at the other defensive end and Sherron playing DT. It would be nice if Combs changed his mind and came back to at least play OT. That would be a big help. If Bankemper comes back, he will also be huge. Maybe his brother will show him that state championship ring a few times and get him excited about getting one of his own.

Your comment on cardio and conditioning is very true. This team will not have as much depth as last year's.

After knowing coach fisher's opinion, I'm very sure he won't let joey go, but then again Rash has the full authority on defense, Other DTs I see getting time are Rowe, Campbell, or Hermes. sadly there's a rumor that Coach Procachino is no longer a coach, so idk if there will be a request or just an order for him to move. Then again neither is Reinstatler(strength and OLine) or Culp(JV/QB) are returning. Tigers have some big shoes and cleats to fill, I'm hoping they will be by the postseason. Also rumors of Bankemper are coming out, I have spoke with him personally, I have reason to believe he is just nostalgic, and not exactly determined, but that's experience at LB that would be crucial.

Does this kid have offers? Right now is the time schools offer. Spring to summer before the season. If you don't get offer in this time you most likely are not a D1 schorlship player.
to the best of my knowledge, he has been in contact, not offered. But Slusher has been in good contact with Ohio University and UC for both football and baseball, I believe scholarships will easily be sent his way, quality player with a hunger for being the alpha, it shows on the field

I heard yesterday that Johnson Central reached out to the folks at Beechwood about playing a home and home the next two years on week three. Has anyone else heard this?

Confirmed. A JC rep contacted Coach Noel Rash on Saturday while he was vacationing in Florida. He was scheduled to return yesterday, where he would then discuss with the AD. JC proposed a 2 year deal, with year 1 at JC for the RECC Bowl and a return trip to Fort Mitchell in 2016. The idea of possibly playing this year's game on Saturday September 12th was also presented to allow the game to be more accessible for Beechwood's fans and prevent the athletes from missing out on an extended amount of time from class. I know we are very hopeful that something can be worked out. A name and program like Beechwood very rarely comes to Eastern Kentucky and it would be a great event and atmosphere for all those involved.

Confirmed. A JC rep contacted Coach Noel Rash on Saturday while he was vacationing in Florida. He was scheduled to return yesterday, where he would then discuss with the AD. JC proposed a 2 year deal, with year 1 at JC for the RECC Bowl and a return trip to Fort Mitchell in 2016. The idea of possibly playing this year's game on Saturday September 12th was also presented to allow the game to be more accessible for Beechwood's fans and prevent the athletes from missing out on an extended amount of time from class. I know we are very hopeful that something can be worked out. A name and program like Beechwood very rarely comes to Eastern Kentucky and it would be a great event and atmosphere for all those involved.

Why would Johnson Central want to play another Class A school? Seems like the argument over the years has been their weak schedule when playoff time rolls around. Sorry, just do not get it.

Why would Johnson Central want to play another Class A school? Seems like the argument over the years has been their weak schedule when playoff time rolls around. Sorry, just do not get it.

Johnson only has 9 games and need to pick up a game.

So your saying Beechwood is a weak opponent?

Johnson only has 9 games and need to pick up a game.

So your saying Beechwood is a weak opponent?

Yes I am saying that Beechwood is a weak opponent for a team that is on a quest to win a 4A state championship. Also why does first game have to be at JC? My guess would be that if Beechwood were to win this year, that game two would not even take place, JMO.

Yes I am saying that Beechwood is a weak opponent for a team that is on a quest to win a 4A state championship. Also why does first game have to be at JC? My guess would be that if Beechwood were to win this year, that game two would not even take place, JMO.

I believe Johnson only has 4 home games this year, that could be why.

Beechwood has faired well against Covington Catholic and other larger schools in the past. Why no flack directed in their direction for playing a game against Beechwood? Beechwood is not your typical Class "A" school. They probably dress out more guys than JC, strong teams every year, a greater football tradition hailing from the hot bed of KY Football and most likely don't have the amount of two way players that JC uses as well. Will this game happen? I do not have that answer but it would be a great addition to JC's schedule by adding another solid team in the mix for playoff preparation in addition to their games against Lexington Catholic and Belfry. This would be the first true Class "A" team to face JC in quite some time. Again, teams like Beechwood rarely come to EKY and when they do it trulyis a one of a kind event.

From a Bw point of view, I would think it would be much more cost effective to find a Ohio team to play from somewhere in the Cincy area. If I am a parent or fan I know that would make me much happier than traveling half way across the state. That said, the team I follow is doing about the same this year. I ask the coach here why and he said he could not find anyone else any closer. So that may be the case here as well but surely there is a much closer Ohio school the Beechies could play that would cut down on cost and increase the # of fans that would come

^ It could be a very good game. In 2008 the team Beechwood beat in the finals in Hazard played JC and lost by a big margin. Not saying Beechwood is the same Caliber as Hazard but JC that year made it look easy. I support JC and such but that game was well in hand but they never pulled the starters but they did sub in a lot of players in and out. But I think if these team plays it will be competitive to the end.

I support JC and such but that game was well in hand but they never pulled the starters but they did sub in a lot of players in and out. But I think if these team plays it will be competitive to the end.

Your statement contradicts itself. "...they never pulled their starters but did sub in a lot of players in and out." Unfortunately this game will not be played. Coach Noel Rash was supposedly all for it but it could not clear Suzy Wera's desk, stating that they are limiting the number of larger schools (i.e. Covington Catholic) that they play each year and wished JC well. Best of luck to the Tigers on their quest for another state title.