9th Region Schedule @ BOKC

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Want to address point #1 since you skipped that one? Remember we are talking a school day and night.

Maybe the last game doesn't start until 9:00, the game would still be over by 10:30 and the kids are in bed by 11:00. Probably not any later than any other school night. We are talking about high school kids not grade school afterall.

If the NKU men do end up hosting a first round game. Could the schedule be revised for the following:

Monday - 2 Girls first round games

Tuesday - NKU Men

Wednesday - 2 Girls first round games

Thursday - Possible NKU Men 2nd round game

Friday - Girls Semifinals

Saturday - 4 Boys 1st Round games

Sunday - Girls Final (Keeping rest of day open in case Men host Championship Game)

Monday - Boys Semifinals

Tuesday - Boys Final

If the NKU men do end up hosting a first round game. Could the schedule be revised for the following:

Monday - 2 Girls first round games

Tuesday - NKU Men

Wednesday - 2 Girls first round games

Thursday - Possible NKU Men 2nd round game

Friday - Girls Semifinals

Saturday - 4 Boys 1st Round games

Sunday - Girls Final (Keeping rest of day open in case Men host Championship Game)

Monday - Boys Semifinals

Tuesday - Boys Final

NKU women also play at home on Thursday. Not much chance NKU men would play at home on Thursday, an 8 seed would have to beat 1 seed (assuming NKU is the 4th seed). I like your schedule, I certainly don't mind watching 4 boys games on a Saturday.

same as before. As for the draw, From Gary Huhn @ Holmes: Tentative plans:

If everyone finishes their districts on or before Friday night, we will have the girls' draw at 9:00 A.M. Saturday in the Hartman Room at Holmes and the boys' draw at 10:00 A. M. The Hartman Room is the room off of the concession area where we normally meet. If a district does not finish the boys' tournament on Friday (I think all of the districts are finishing the girls' tournaments first), then we will have the boys, draw on Sunday.

Pray for no snow.

First the chance of NKU men hosting a conference tournament game are becoming slimmer and slimmer.

Second there is no provision for this because NKU was not allowed to play in the conference tournament until the A-Sun saw two teams bolt the conference this summer thus creating an 8 team conference. Contract for 9th region tournament done well before that.

Finally their is not as much disconnect with SMG and NKU as far as this situation is concerned. SMG has to make a profit and the 9th region tournament is a profit maker. They may lose money on some of the girls nights but more than make up for it on boys nights. NKU had no reason to believe they needed to ask for dates for a conference tournament they were not allowed to play in.

I just got off the phone with the Bank of Kentucky Center to get the dates for the 9th Region Tournament. Here's the schedule

Monday: Girls First Round Doubleheader

Tuesday: Girls First Round Doubleheader

Wednesday: Boys First Round Doubleheader

Thursday: OFF

Friday: Boys First Round Doubleheader

Saturday: Girls Semifinals Doubleheader

Sunday: Boys Semifinals & Girls Finals

Monday: Boys Finals

If not mistaken, same schedule as last year. I didn't get times, but would have to think 6 & 7:30 for first round and semis with 7pm finals.

We will broadcast the entire tournament from the BOKC as we have in the past.

So this is the current schedule?

same as before. As for the draw, From Gary Huhn @ Holmes: Tentative plans:

If everyone finishes their districts on or before Friday night, we will have the girls' draw at 9:00 A.M. Saturday in the Hartman Room at Holmes and the boys' draw at 10:00 A. M. The Hartman Room is the room off of the concession area where we normally meet. If a district does not finish the boys' tournament on Friday (I think all of the districts are finishing the girls' tournaments first), then we will have the boys, draw on Sunday.

Pray for no snow.

36th Girls final is Saturday 2/28 so Girls draw can't be Saturday.