9th Region Schedule @ BOKC

I just got off the phone with the Bank of Kentucky Center to get the dates for the 9th Region Tournament. Here's the schedule

Monday: Girls First Round Doubleheader

Tuesday: Girls First Round Doubleheader

Wednesday: Boys First Round Doubleheader

Thursday: OFF

Friday: Boys First Round Doubleheader

Saturday: Girls Semifinals Doubleheader

Sunday: Boys Semifinals & Girls Finals

Monday: Boys Finals

If not mistaken, same schedule as last year. I didn't get times, but would have to think 6 & 7:30 for first round and semis with 7pm finals.

We will broadcast the entire tournament from the BOKC as we have in the past.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got off the phone with the Bank of Kentucky Center to get the dates for the 9th Region Tournament. Here's the schedule

If not mistaken, same schedule as last year. I didn't get times, but would have to think 6 & 7:30 for first round and semis with 7pm finals.

So is saturday a triple?

Did they say anything about the possibility of Tuesday's games being moved to Regents if the NKU men's team gets a first round tournament home game?

Just found out that they moved the NKU men's first round tournament game to Regents Hall on Tuesday March 2nd. Unbelievable. More disconnect between SMG and NKU. Very, very disappointing.

Makes sense, the regional for HS draw a lot more than NKU basketball. The area does not care about NKU sports. Don't see the big deal with moving their game to Regents Hall, they are playing the girls game there this Saturday. Why not the men? The regional is played at The Bank of Ky. every year.

Makes sense, the regional for HS draw a lot more than NKU basketball. The area does not care about NKU sports. Don't see the big deal with moving their game to Regents Hall, they are playing the girls game there this Saturday. Why not the men? The regional is played at The Bank of Ky. every year.

A first round girls game will not have a big crowd at all and would not out draw a men's game. It is NKU's home court. Just because you have no interest in NKU sports, doesn't mean the entire area doesn't.

Just found out that they moved the NKU men's first round tournament game to Regents Hall on Tuesday March 2nd. Unbelievable. More disconnect between SMG and NKU. Very, very disappointing.

There is still no guarantee NKU will host a tourney game.

Secondly, Why the off day on Thursday? Unless that day is actually for an NKU game, then the 9th can skip Tuesday and play M-W-TH and NKU on Tuesday.

A first round girls game will not have a big crowd at all and would not out draw a men's game. It is NKU's home court. Just because you have no interest in NKU sports, doesn't mean the entire area doesn't.

Our family has been to about four NKU games this season and at no time has there been a good crowd. Each time there are 7,000 or 8,000 empty seats. That will not happen with regional HS basketball. There is no enthusiasm at NKU either, very dull and lifeless.

The first game we attended this season was against Uc Clermont and I bet there were not 500 in the stands. The worst attended HS regional game will do much better than that. So move NKU to Regents Hall and it will look better for them as well.

There is still no guarantee NKU will host a tourney game.

Secondly, Why the off day on Thursday? Unless that day is actually for an NKU game, then the 9th can skip Tuesday and play M-W-TH and NKU on Tuesday.

Snow day in case of weather for the Thursday? Last year we had a near blizzard during HS regional if I remember.

Snow day in case of weather for the Thursday? Last year we had a near blizzard during HS regional if I remember.

Your not correct on that either. NKU Women play at home (BOKC) on Thursday, their first round tournament game.

You seem awfully nasty with your answers.

The bottom line talks and NKU crowds are small, face it. People in this area are driven by high schools, UK, U of L, UC, Xavier, not NKU. The market is way too big for them and having losing records the last how many years doesn't help them either.

Edited by hoops5
Rule 14

Your not correct on that either. NKU Women play at home (BOKC) on Thursday, their first round tournament game.

If a snow storm would happen, bet they put the NKU women in Regents Hall to accommodate the HS regional. Or why are they playing there this Saturday? Is their home in The Bank taken? Appears their people agree with most of us HS fans if they move a regular season game to Regents Hall.