Insurance w/re Gold Teeth

Jim Schue

Messed up a few days ago and accidentally chomped down on a fork tine while eating. Chipped the hell out of one of my two top front teeth.

What does insurance cover when it comes to accidents of this nature? Can I get a gold tooth and it be covered? I've always wanted a gold grill.

C'mon Spindoc, where you at on this one?

Thought you might be joking. Guess not. Typically if you have major dental coverage, it's at or around 50% on crown/bridge. Seldom will they dictate in your plan what material the provider uses as his choice for the crown, so you could get a lovely gold crown on that tooth. The stipulation from the insurance may require a pre-authorization with accompanying radiograph that would show the tooth indeed needed treatment and it wasn't simply cosmetic. That should be readily seen on film by your doctor. So, odds are you'll be on the hook for 50% of it. Of course you'll likely need a "core" to repair the tooth before it can be prepared for the crown so you'll incur that charge as well, but that's usually covered at a higher percentage on most plans (80% normally)

Like 2C said, let's see the pic.

I can't really get close enough to it with a selfie.
There's an icon at the top right of the camera screen with your iPhone. It looks like a camera with a recycle sign inside it. Hit that bad boy and it'll flip it around for you --- should be able to get close then.

Btw, not that you need it, but I FULLY support this idea!

Not gonna lie — there's been a part of me that wanted a gold grill ever since the first time I saw Public Enemy in concert. If I can get the gold grill going on, the next step is a four-finger ring for each hand — LOVE on one and HATE on the other.

There's an icon at the top right of the camera screen with your iPhone. It looks like a camera with a recycle sign inside it. Hit that bad boy and it'll flip it around for you --- should be able to get close then.

Btw, not that you need it, but I FULLY support this idea!

Tried it — photo's too grainy so it's not readily obvious.