Is CovCath on the verge of the Greatest 9th Region Dynasty Ever?

These posts about CovCath being the be-all and end-all of high schools, as CWB alluded to, do nothing but paint a picture of the fan base that is difficult to shake. I'm as proud as I can be for having gone there, and I will choose to send my son there if I'm financially able, but you are capable of getting a great education, and having a great experience, at nearly every high school if you try hard enough.

Well said. :thumb:

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I apologize. Didn't intend that to be funny or of comedy. I found the timing of what I heard and this thread of irony. I don't know them as you do and again it wasn't anyone from his family I spoke to. Yet obviously something that has come up with them. Hope I didn't insinuate that kids family said anything at all.

:thumb:

I took it that way, that you spoke to the family, so perhaps it is I that owe you an apology. All good.

Welcome to the site and look forward to many great interactions.

• 1 month later...

I witnessed the Diocesan 7th Grade and 8th Grade boys basketball tournaments last week.

The CovCath feeders are loaded - St. Pius and St. Joe, Crescent Springs 8th Graders played to a one point differential in the finals and demolished all comers (from Campbell County) to get there. Blessed Sacrament, St. Agnes, and St. Pius 7th Grade teams are loaded.

My question is - With a present 20 man freshman team (undefeated), two additional freshmen that are moved up (one named Ruthsatz), and a plethora of talent in the pipeline the Colonels are loaded for the near future. Where do all of these good players fit in their program??? If they all go to CovCath, they are going to have intermural teams that could compete in many districts. There is no way that CovCath can keep them all happy.

Will St. Henry, Holy Cross, and Beechwood derive spinoff benefits of kids with talent seeking other venues in which they can compete???

I'm not so sure with the talent that CovCath has in the house and in the feeders that they aren't on the verge of some kind of dominating run.

The thread is obviously a bit much.

However, Scott has been there 4 years. 3 region finals including 2 regional championships.

Strong.

You revived it. It may be a bit much, but you enjoyed it. Congrats to the Colonels. Hopefully my Breds will shut this thread down before my prophesy is fulfilled. I can only hope. Having Highlands fans on here during football and CovCath fans on here during BBALL is borderline unbearable.

Having Highlands fans on here during football and CovCath fans on here during BBALL is borderline unbearable.

I know you're being flippant, and I know I'm biased, but I think most CovCath fans have been pretty quiet on here. I know I have. Heck, if you follow me on Twitter my only tweets post game were honoring Beetle.

You revived it. It may be a bit much, but you enjoyed it. Congrats to the Colonels. Hopefully my Breds will shut this thread down before my prophesy is fulfilled. I can only hope. Having Highlands fans on here during football and CovCath fans on here during BBALL is borderline unbearable.

:laugh: Not to mention that Highlands softball guy who blasts the All A.

Bottomline: play hard or come home.

I know you're being flippant, and I know I'm biased, but I think most CovCath fans have been pretty quiet on here. I know I have. Heck, if you follow me on Twitter my only tweets post game were honoring Beetle.

Completely in jest.

I witnessed the Diocesan 7th Grade and 8th Grade boys basketball tournaments last week.

The CovCath feeders are loaded - St. Pius and St. Joe, Crescent Springs 8th Graders played to a one point differential in the finals and demolished all comers (from Campbell County) to get there. Blessed Sacrament, St. Agnes, and St. Pius 7th Grade teams are loaded.

My question is - With a present 20 man freshman team (undefeated), two additional freshmen that are moved up (one named Ruthsatz), and a plethora of talent in the pipeline the Colonels are loaded for the near future. Where do all of these good players fit in their program??? If they all go to CovCath, they are going to have intermural teams that could compete in many districts. There is no way that CovCath can keep them all happy.

Will St. Henry, Holy Cross, and Beechwood derive spinoff benefits of kids with talent seeking other venues in which they can compete???

I'm not so sure with the talent that CovCath has in the house and in the feeders that they aren't on the verge of some kind of dominating run.

Fair question to ask.

Nope. Get prepared for a great run of talent in the CCH intramural league.

Seriously, if these kids have their heart set on CCH, that is where they will go. The feeder schools always have good teams and talent and those kids have gone to CCH. I highly doubt any of them head to Beechwood. These families almost certainly want a Catholic education for their children.

So your kids going to NCC now?

I'll PM you some info about NewCath to pass along to this parent. :lol2:

If you are throwing out average ACT scores over the past few years, a PM may be the best option for you.

I think there are a few other schools in the area that may beat on their chests pretty hard.