Is CovCath on the verge of the Greatest 9th Region Dynasty Ever?

CovCath has 18 active players on their freshmen roster. Two are presently DL and two are moved up. With what's in front of them and with a point guard secure in his position for the next three years' date=' what real future, other than the CovCath crazies do most of these kids have? I'm tempted to start showing up at CovCath games with brochures and informational handouts.[/quote']

Great minds think alike!

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know a single Cov Cath fan that has already booked his or her trip to Rupp. Keep in mind, mex is an NCC guy...

He's certainly no Highlands guy. Just kidding Mex.(somewhat). Covcath needs to win a few more before any of that silly talk.

Cov Cath definitely has some studs coming up through the system and with their Hoops focus/Ruthsatz and rest of coaching staff I can see them possibly making a strong run like the Holmes team did from 07-10.

You dont see too many assistant coaches in the entire state spending hours working with kids 1-1 at 6am in the morning. That staff is dedicated to the program and Ruthsatz is one of the best coaches in the country IMO.

The development of kids like Andy Flood and Cooper Theobold as well as Bo Schuh and CVH over the past 2 yrs just shows what kind of program they have there.

The difference between a good program and a great program. Can't just coach at practice and then at games. They do a good job of working on their positional players.

The difference between a good program and a great program. Can't just coach at practice and then at games. They do a good job of working on their positional players.

They squeeze every ounce of talent out of their players (i.e. Theobald, Flood, and Romes), it is a difference maker against teams that are equally talented. Their conditioning program gives them a mental edge, you did not see this in the pre-Ruthsatz era.

mexitucky was looking realistically and rationally at the present and possible future situation for the Colonels and merely was asking a question that has a certain amount of logical merit that isn't exactly a ridiculous stretch and too early to ask as some might suggest.

Sure, we don't know yet 'til it plays itself out, but simply asking with strong points to ponder to back up his questioning isn't exactly poppycock.

Certainly there's bound to be other schools over the next 5 years that bring competitive teams to the fold, but who really is already showing such strong promising signs within their feeder system as the Colonels are?

With this in mind it's certainly not a stupid question, and does have a ton of logical validity behind it.

CovCath has 18 active players on their freshmen roster. Two are presently DL and two are moved up. With what's in front of them and with a point guard secure in his position for the next three years, what real future, other than the CovCath crazies do most of these kids have?

I'm tempted to start showing up at CovCath games with brochures and informational handouts.

And 12 of those 18 will soon be starring in the CCH intramural league.

My take:

Covcath has OWNED the 9th region the last 2 1/2 years, outside of Holmes. Take away the two Holmes losses Beetle's sophomore year and the loss last year in the district championship and Covcath has just one loss in the 9th region to a team not named Holmes...Cooper on February 5th, 2013.

During that stretch:

Covcath 39-4 v 9th Region Opponents (3 losses to Holmes, 1 to Cooper)

Newcath 49-4 v 9th Region Opponents (3 losses to Covcath, 1 v Holmes)

Holmes 42-6 v 9th Region Opponents (4 losses to Covcath, 2 v Newcath)

I found this funny. CCH has owned the region but NCC has 10 more wins?

Also, mex starts the thread talking dynasty and CCH doesn't even have the best record in the region over the past couple years.

I know mex is looking ahead but it seems a bit premature when you look at those records.