Is CovCath on the verge of the Greatest 9th Region Dynasty Ever?

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there where I reference Captain Obvious?

I noticed several posts yesterday saying that the state tournament draw looks like a CovCath repeat. I'm just saying, I wouldn't assume a trip to Rupp Arena. That region tournament will be very competitive.

Man, this thread, started by an NCC alum, just SMELLS likes a hex.

The Colonels vs. Holmes @ Holmes in the District finals (if that is how it works out) might well result in Cov. Cath. playing a district winner in the first round of the 9th Region tournament.

I wouldn't pop the cork on the dynasty talk just yet. Cov. Cath. has a ways to go to match runs such as Holmes with the Johnson brothers, Elijah, Arrez, etc.

I believe the last 9th Region team to run the table against 9th Region opponents was the 2004 Cov. Cath. squad. Teams in NKY do not go quietly in to the night.

Would love to see another run, but history suggests otherwise.

I don't know a single Cov Cath fan that has already booked his or her trip to Rupp. Keep in mind, mex is an NCC guy...

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Why not? Maybe they just want to go see some good basketball in general or stay in the hotel and drink/play cards. LOL

Why not? Maybe they just want to go see some good basketball in general or stay in the hotel and drink/play cards. LOL

Good point. Although, I think the inference was...booked a trip to Rupp based upon the assumption that the Colonels will be there.

I have had some great times at Rupp pulling for 9th Region teams that were not from Park Hills.

I noticed several posts yesterday saying that the state tournament draw looks like a CovCath repeat. I'm just saying, I wouldn't assume a trip to Rupp Arena. That region tournament will be very competitive.

There were quite a few people in that thread who said or implied that Cov Cath could win region, there were quite a few people who said Cov Cath "has to get out of region first", but the only posts I saw that looked like they were somewhat assuming that Cov Cath would be at Rupp were made by Randy Parker, camelman and polarbear98. I'm fairly confident that none of those three are patently "Cov Cath fans".

Win the 9th this year & I think you can start talking about a memorable period. Obviously, only time will tell, but if they make some noise this year, then you have CVH as the regional veteran for a couple years with no Bolden or McDonald. Combined with young talent coming in . . . could be.

The dynasty talk and adoration of the coaching staff will end as soon as they don't win the region! Then the sky will fall and everyone will wonder why they lost with all that talent in the building. Just ask any other coach past or present that has dealt with it in the past at Cov Cath.

I think you can throw Andy Flood in there as well. He has been a consistent scorer lately with a good outside shot.

I'll add Mark Schult, Ben Heppler, Parker Keller.

I look at it as the coach develops good TEAMS. Good PLAYERS are developed by their own individual desires in combination with tools provided by good coaches.