Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is CovCath on the verge of the Greatest 9th Region Dynasty Ever?

Featured Replies

Was there a 6-3 or 6-4 guy who had an amazing vertical leap? He was a lefty, I thought it was Southworth?

 

I can still see the player, he is completely the opposite of what you described! His jumping ability was unreal. He played the wing opposite of Conner and Berry. Conner I believe ended up at South Florida in college. Clay was a very good guard.

  • Replies 440
  • Views 79.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Southworth didnt get any Varsity clock in 80 plus he couldnt jump at all, probably remember him from our 81 team as he started small forward. Bryan Station has had many guys who could jump but it might have been Rodne Carter on that team.

 

 

If Carter was the guy, he could leap like no one else on that team. I wish I had the Holmes/Bryan Station box score, I could ID the player in question!

I can still see the player, he is completely the opposite of what you described! His jumping ability was unreal. He played the wing opposite of Conner and Berry. Conner I believe ended up at South Florida in college. Clay was a very good guard.

 

Probaby Carter or Gary Taylor, The 80 team lost in region final in big upset to Franklin County. I remember playing Holmes in 82 up at Covington and they were not very good, I think one of Dicky's brothers was on the team. We scored a 100 in that game but it wasnt close.

Probaby Carter or Gary Taylor, The 80 team lost in region final in big upset to Franklin County. I remember playing Holmes in 82 up at Covington and they were not very good, I think one of Dicky's brothers was on the team. We scored a 100 in that game but it wasnt close.

 

The 1980 Bryan Station team was very young with the three sophomores starting. I did not know they lost to Franklin County. I think they went to state in 81 and 82 and never reached the state semifinals wither time. That was a great three-year run by the Defenders, really enjoyed watching Berry, Conner and Clay.

 

You are right, Holmes slipped off after the 1980 season losing Beal, Walton and Simpson. It would be years until they were 9th Region contenders again.

Loved Reynolds Flynn and his red blazer as well. What a team it was.

I didn't see Dickey Beal anywhere in the title of this thread.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.